Ocean's Breath Plateau Hold My Breath For the Tide
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
All Welcome 
Massaraq breathed. Since @Towhee had all but carried him back to the plateau he had recovered from the most acute of his injuries - slaked his thirst and even bolted down a rabbit or two. The wound on his side had closed enough for him to move and knew that he should either speak to @Rodyn about staying longer or no longer press upon Moontide's hospitality. And yet. He stared out at the ocean, barely seeing it, he could not tell whether the tide washed in or out. Towhee had left and @Rolayne too, he had stayed with @Panuk and yet the pup was more capable of running around than him in his state.

Ajei's feather which had been a familiar flutter of color behind his ear was gone now and he could almost see them, Ajei, Arrluk, Massaraq all looking out onto the water and playing in the surf as if no time at all had passed. And yet here he was in the distance. He wanted to go back.

The water washed over the sand and the sea breeze ruffled his fur and yet he could not help but feel as if it barely had to go around him at all, it simply kept flowing - as if he were nothing. Perhaps it was not such a bad thing. And yet he wanted...he wanted to be something, brother, friend, son, words were ungainly things and they say heavy in his head until the tide dislodged them and his mind was empty again.

He should go back. He wanted to go back. He should speak to Rodyn. He should properly thank Towhee for probably saving his life and putting up with whatever delirious nonsense he might have said on the way back. He should move. Maybe tomorrow.

made a few assumptions lmk if I should change anything!
Messages In This Thread
Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Massaraq - January 05, 2024, 12:23 AM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Rodyn - January 05, 2024, 06:39 AM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Massaraq - January 06, 2024, 04:42 PM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Rodyn - January 06, 2024, 07:00 PM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Massaraq - January 06, 2024, 11:34 PM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Rodyn - January 07, 2024, 07:18 AM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Massaraq - January 07, 2024, 09:50 AM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Rodyn - January 08, 2024, 03:56 PM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Massaraq - January 09, 2024, 12:52 PM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Rodyn - January 12, 2024, 09:29 AM
RE: Hold My Breath For the Tide - by Massaraq - January 12, 2024, 10:20 AM