Ouroboros Spine Up on a treetop
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Random Event 
Frisco was awake. The birds sang, and the morning light signaled the arrival of a new day, with new opportunities. The raccoon climbed higher into the tree, grabbing each branch firmly in his pale paws. When he finally reached a height where he is sure no groundling can reach him, Frisco plucked a pine cone growing on the branch. He scanned the ground, searching for a target, ready to aim and fire.

AW, with no real posting order
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Massaraq was walking through the forest, enjoying the coolness of the shadows. Even though his full coat had not fully grown in his fur was dense and already warm enough to make the hottest of the summer days uncomfortable - even if that did not stop him from adventuring. Trotting along he scanned for any danger, or potential intruder, or perhaps a new friend. But all of his observation was firmly on the ground level.
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
A victim was identified. The young wolf was seemingly unaware of the bandit watching from above and his pale pelt made him an easy target. Having no mercy for the curious soul, Frisco released the pine cone. If he was successful, the flying projectile would strike the wolf directly on his snout.
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Rather than landing on his snout the projectile landed on his head and Massaraq could only jump and growl in response. Looking around he finally cast his gaze up catching sight of the creature above him. "Hey! Why did you do that?!" He shouted indignantly. It may have been an accident, but he could already detect a slight pounding in his head. This forest was his and his family's home so he could hardly let an attacker be.
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
The pine cone hit the wolf square on the head. As the unfortunate victim shouted, Frisco relished the reaction. Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drop it. He blinked a few times, innocent eyes hiding malice as he planned his next move.
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Mollified by the apology and missing the glint behind the blinking eyes Massaraq's growl subsided and he responded, still craning his head to see. "It's okay, but be careful!" Looking around for what had dropped on his head he saw the pine cone. He was unsure what this creature might use it for but if he had not meant to drop it that meant he probably needed it for something. Picking it up with his muzzle he returned to the base of the tree. "Do you need it back?"
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Part one of the plan was successful, the wolf had been fooled. No, it's alright. There are many others. Many pine cones still clung to the tree branch, so Frisco had plenty of ammunition. You can go back to whatever you were doing, I don't want to disturb you. As soon as the wolf would turn their back, Frisco would fire another pine cone.
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Massaraq continued to look up, while the politeness of the creature reassured the young wolf now that he felt safe and out of danger he found his curiosity piqued. "It's okay, I was just looking around." He shuffled the pinecone with his paws and sat so that it was easier to crane his head up. "What are you doing with them?" He had never spoken to another creature other than a wolf that had spoken back. He wondered how that was possible, but was far more intrigued by the chance to now interrogate the other mammal in front of him so his tone was open and full of curiosity.
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Frisco forced himself to hide his frustration at the curious young wolf. If the pup did not start to leave, how could Frisco throw a pine cone, if he did not throw a pine cone, how would the rest of his devious plan unfold? Well... that is a secret! Frisco continued talking in a kind tone, as to not draw any suspicions, but his voice had a firmness to it, as if to tell the wolf that he would not be getting any information here. Frisco waited for Massaraq to leave, his tiny black eyes blinking quickly.
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
At the mention of a secret Massaraq jumped up, excited. Tail wagging he forced his tone to hush before he called someone. He just knew that the creature above him had been doing something exciting. "Oh I'm good at keeping secrets. Why is it a secret? What's the secret? You can tell me." His wide guileless grin was probably not very convincing as to his discretion but it was genuine and bright nonetheless. Eyes darting furtively around he crowded closer to the tree as if to urge the other animal closer down to the ground to share the information and ensure that no interloper intruded upon the passage of the hidden message.
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Frisco's patience melted away. He let out a few irritated squeaks before climbing even higher. Glaring down at the wolf, Frisco sent the pinecone sailing, aiming for the canid's curious ears. No longer did it matter if Massaraq knew he was going to get hit. The pinecone had to strike! Fine! If you really wanted to know, now you do!
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Massaraq watched as the creature skittered further up into the trees and yelped in surprise when he saw him hurl down the pine cone. However with the added distance and action done in his plain sight he jumped to the side, the pinecone landing on the ground. The wolf let out a small growl in frustration, realizing he had been tricked. "That was mean!" He shouted up, no longer concerned with secrecy. It dawned on him that the last pine cone had probably also been on purpose, and that if someone else had wandered by they would have been hurt instead. Someone like his brothers or sister or his parents or even Ajei.
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Victory! Massaraq finally seemed to realize Frisco's plot. As he yelped, the troublesome raccoon felt no guilt, just triumph. He mimicked the wolf's cries with high pitched squeaks of his own. Awww, are you going to run home now? Are you going to go crying to your mom? Frisco felt invincible, so high up away from the reach of groundlings.
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Massaraq stared up, a hot bubbling feeling pumping through his lungs and lodging in his throat forcing him to reply hotly. "So what?! My anaa and tataa could show you!" Of course Massaraq did not want to rely on his parents for everything but that did not mean that his mom and dad were not capable wolves. His ears pinned back and he let out a growl that was raspier and smaller than intended.
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Frisco simply scoffed at the pup's indignant reply. He was safe up here. Show me what? That wolves can't climb trees?! The raccoon laughed at Massaraq's pathetic little growl.

As of the 29th, I will be on a week long trip, and I won't be able to reply, just a heads up.
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Massaraq's eyes narrowed and a lower growl rumbled in his chest but he did not answer. Of course wolves could not climb trees but they could wait. He watched the creature up in the branches intently. But even he knew there was not much food to be had up there unless one was a bird or a squirrel. "Fine!" He shouted, stomping off behind another large trunk, fixing his gaze up towards the tree from a short distance away.

Thanks for the heads up! I hope your had a nice trip :)
9 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Frisco kept his eyes on the other as they seemed to leave. Wolves could be tricky, much link the raccoon himself, so Frisco decided it wasn't safe to come down yet. He jeered a final immature insult. Run away, scaredy wolf! Go hide, tiny pup!
216 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Massaraq simmered with impotent rage, muscles taught at the last jeer but did not move from his spot. He was mimicking his tataa then, his stories of laying in wait for the herds to move and the deer to come his way. His tail flagged behind him, still and taught.