Hoshor Plains If you only met my eyes
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
'Mac shot the duo a smirk over his shoulder, lifting his brows as if to say, "They're close!"

He hadn't tasted ungulate flesh since the death of his family, and all other benefits to success aside, he was eager for a full belly.

Returning his attention forward, Sumac lowered his head to the ground and inhaled deeply, savoring the aromas of fertile earth mixed with deer and hints of the vast grasslands that surrounded this copse. He swallowed, willing his nerves to calm and his heart to slow its persistent drumming in his chest. Minnow seemed to be enjoying herself, and Easy lingered behind them. The latter seemed to have an unreadable, knowing look on her face... Hm, wonder what that's about.

Gah, focus; focus, 'Mac!

Back to the task at hand: he followed on silent paws, dashing past a track here, a tree trunk showing freshly wounded bark there. Closer, closer... the scent was almost overpowering now.

And there they were - two does, indeed! One was in her prime, pulling bark deftly from the nearest gray trunk with ease; the other, perhaps a fawn of hers from this year, was smaller, younger, nosing a shrub nearly bereft of foliage. Jackpot!

Sumac crouched lower now, carefully assuming a position concealed behind a young spruce and a nearby bush. His amber eyes darted to Minnow and Easy, giving a slight nod. If one or both of them could flush the youngster his way, he could use his weight to try to bring her down, but he was willing and able to improvise.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 10, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 10, 2024, 08:15 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Easy - January 11, 2024, 10:28 AM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 11, 2024, 11:46 AM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 13, 2024, 08:16 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 14, 2024, 02:10 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 15, 2024, 01:41 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 16, 2024, 06:41 AM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 20, 2024, 08:21 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 08:58 AM