Hoshor Plains Roadtrips
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Sumac's own golden-tipped tail danced joyful patterns as Minnow ascended the rise to join him. What luck! His heart felt as though it was a young buck careening through the freshly newborn spring forest, full of vitality and wild. 

"And I'm so happy to see you!" he called back, closing the distance to her with jaunty steps.

He gave a good-natured chuckle, his amber-gold eyes sparkling with humor, "I'm good. You? Are you well?"

It was her next statement that hit him like a derecho, unexpectedly knocking the wind from his lungs.

I just got caught up with my brother. I got accepted into his pack.

While 'Mac would normally have been thrilled to hear that Minnow had reunited with her sibling, it was overshadowed by her acceptance into a pack. That meant commitment, and her inevitable separation from Sumac. He couldn't go with her. While his heart ached at that fact, he had made his own commitments to Easy, and besides, leaving her wasn't an option. It seemed he had no good choices here - his heart was to break one way or another.

"Oh... I'm so glad you found your brother again. It's great to reunite with family," he forced himself to speak, though his prior enthusiasm had diminished greatly. I wish I could reunite with mine, he thought glumly, "So... I guess you'll be leaving, then? To go to your new pack lands?"

'Mac's head and tail had lowered.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
Roadtrips - by Minnow - January 20, 2024, 08:33 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 09:16 AM
RE: Roadtrips - by Minnow - January 22, 2024, 01:02 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 04:09 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Minnow - January 23, 2024, 12:42 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Sumac - January 23, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Minnow - January 23, 2024, 02:34 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Sumac - January 23, 2024, 02:52 PM
RE: Roadtrips - by Minnow - January 27, 2024, 02:29 AM