Jade Fern Grove Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread.
Rivenwood
Leaf
His Reverence
121 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She hesitantly took the piece of groundhog, pulling it closer, her gaze meeting his briefly before she spoke. He replied to her with a warm and scholarly like voice: “I do in fact live my life under one God. A single God who has done countless things for the lives he created. I do not sacrifice earthly possessions to Him, merely dedicate my life to serving him and carrying out His will and commandments. So long as I obey Him, I will be provided all I need in life.” And as she spoke of his God, he felt a warm feeling in his chest, a small smile coming to his face. 

Hey, at least this girl didn’t scorn him like many had, at least she believed in something, even though it was not a shared belief. 

“I thank you for listening, Esma. And I do hope you enjoy the leg of Groundhog.” Before long, he would turn to go, but would wait out for her answer.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Messages In This Thread
Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - January 05, 2024, 07:16 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - January 27, 2024, 04:14 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread - by John - February 09, 2024, 11:19 PM