Hushed Willows sávvato
Hushed Willows
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Her caring nature caused her to take a step forward as if to comfort the male. Thinking better of it, she stopped and sat on her haunches, though slightly closer to him than before. “I am…sorry that you both feel that way of your family, Everett.” His name on her lips sent pleasant shivers down her spine. She shook herself for anxiety threatened to grip her as her body couldn’t help but to react. With an embarrassed clearing of her throat, Reina continued. ”For what it’s worth, Hearthwood can be your new family—I mean, only if you want it to be. Some of us seem to have some form or another of broken ties with family. I am glad that Reverie has you here, now.”

His question had slipped her mind for a moment, so she thought on it quickly. Her thoughts were of Reverie; the first time she saw her, it was as if an angel had come upon her pour soul, either to breathe into her new life or take her into the heavens. Whichever had happened, Reina knew that she was in good hands. Her love for Reverie tip toed on the line of friend and lover, but she couldn’t quite say that to her brother. And, of course, Boone would have her head. Her Coach and Harbinger were head over heels for each other and she would never come between that. And, there was Tuft, the happy-go-lucky male who had made her laugh for the first time in a very long time, his smile her favorite feature, but that was also something she wouldn’t divulge on.

So, she thought of her attack and how quickly her pack had come to her aide. It was the no questions asked response in the defense of her honor that solidified the pack bonds and the sense of family. “Those who reside here are my favorite things about this pack. They saved me not too long ago from a rogue male…well, unfortunately not before he, um…he forced himself on me.” She couldn’t quite believe she had said it out loud, but, it surprisingly felt cathartic to speak of her trauma. Sure, her body could still remember the way she was caged beneath him, the pain and fear it brought, but her mind did not crumble as it once did.

The fiery woman smiled despite the quick beating of her heart, blue eyes searching for understanding in Everett’s soft silvers. She had promised herself that no one would ever take from her again, that her life was hers to choose. It was also why she could not, or rather would not, bring herself in closer proximity to this male, despite her body screaming at her to do so. 

He was polite, she had noticed from his bow as he had given her his name, and also very well spoken. And has made no attempt, no advance, to come any closer. He must smell her, she was sure he did, and it was a relief that he hasn’t acted upon it. Though, despite everything she has been through, she still wanted to know him.

Nodding towards the cave opening, she gave him a questioning look. “Were you planning to go in there? I’m afraid there wouldn’t be anything interesting in that cave. If you wanted to explore, I’d suggest Dogtooth Cavern. There is a natural lake inside. I like to go there when I need to ground myself. It is also a great place to sing, the stalagmites and stalactites are a wonderful audience.” She laughed at her own joke, something she hasn’t done in so long.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:51 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 06:53 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 11:42 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 10, 2024, 01:08 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 11, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 12, 2024, 01:21 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 12, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 19, 2024, 12:01 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 08:13 PM