Ocean's Breath Plateau Out of the blue clear sky
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
'Mac shifted, settling his weight more evenly, his tail easily swaying at his hindquarters. They were both silent for a time, and his gaze meandered out among the gently lapping waves, his nose drinking in the distinct scent of the sea. A lopsided smirk crept its way up his maw as his thoughts wandered to all the various changes in his life that had occurred within so short a timeframe - losing his family, ending up in Teekon, meeting Easy, then Raindrop, and now... Now, a new family. It was bewildering to think about.

Raindrop's sudden gasp brought Sumac out of his thoughts, his eyes quickly finding her own within the growing darkness. Without realizing it, he held his breath, a slight tinge of worry clouding his mind before she spoke.

"Wait... really?" he breathed, his voice full of wonder as his wide-eyed stare fell to her midsection, pressed against his own. He shifted a bit, pressing his cheek against her belly, his breath held once more, though this time in anticipation. Then - there! - a very subtle wiggling, and his jaw dropped to the sand.

When he lifted his head once more, his golden eyes radiated awe.

"They are! They're moving!" 

Somehow, this occurrence made the prospect of their children so much more... real. They could move. They were aware. How marvelous!

"I-I can't believe it," he stammered, ending with a joyous bark of laughter.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
Out of the blue clear sky - by Raindrop - March 22, 2024, 11:45 PM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Sumac - March 29, 2024, 09:31 AM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Raindrop - March 29, 2024, 01:54 PM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Sumac - March 30, 2024, 02:02 PM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Raindrop - March 30, 2024, 02:24 PM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Sumac - April 03, 2024, 05:17 AM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Raindrop - April 03, 2024, 12:29 PM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Sumac - April 12, 2024, 08:16 AM
RE: Out of the blue clear sky - by Raindrop - April 12, 2024, 02:52 PM