Redhawk Caldera I have a lot to say but i'll keep quiet cause i love you
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She was right: Peregrine wasn't happy to see her. Seeing Blue Willow reminded Peregrine that he was never allowed to visit her, nor the pups she surely carried, along with everyone else at the plateau. Although he had told Dante that his borders were open, the black Alpha was already rethinking this decision and the Healer's presence only served as a painful reminder of that. It was nothing personal, of course; he loved her fiercely. Dante had taken a pair of scissors to their friendship, though, severing the heart strings that tied it together.

For a long time, Peregrine ignored her. He made sure Finley was safe, settled and comfortable. Even then, he didn't approach. He thought about refusing to go to her at all. At length, however, the Alpha male couldn't do that, not to his pregnant best friend. The very least he could do was tell her what was on his mind, then remind her that it was her Alpha that was the cause of it all.

"Willow," he said quietly when he neared the svelte black beauty. His eyes combed over her slightly curvy sides. "You know I'll never get to meet them now. They will grow up not knowing their uncle." Peregrine grimaced, his eyes dropping to his paws as anger and hurt swept over him. "But I'm happy for you... and Lasher, of course," he murmured.