Redhawk Caldera I have a lot to say but i'll keep quiet cause i love you
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The news that Junior had attempted to take her own life hit him like a freight train. Blue Willow continued to rant at him and he listened, the blood draining from his face. He blinked blankly a few times. When she stopped screaming at him and stood there sobbing, he remained quiet.

"My daughter tried to kill herself. She almost died. And no one told me. No one told me. Then they got angry with me for not understanding? My daughter tried to kill herself. And nobody told me." He knew he was babbling, not making sense. But this information was a game changer. "Nobody told me that my daughter tried to kill herself because of me."

He sucked in a breath, held it. "I didn't know." The words were barely audible; he might not even have said them out loud at all. Suddenly he heard an echo of his friend's words ringing in his ears, on repeat: "Well does it make you feel better now, Peregrine! Well does it make you feel better now, Peregrine! Well does it make you feel better now, Peregrine!" He would agonize over this situation and these in words in particular for a long time to come.

"You should go. Go back and take care of Junior. Tell her I love her and that I'm sorry. I won't bother her again. I won't bother any of you ever again," Peregrine said in a hushed, almost mechanical voice. "I failed as a father, a leader and a friend. It's best if we just part ways and don't look back. It will be better for you and your new family too. I love you, Blue Willow. I love all of you. That's why I'm going to let you go."