think i can fly
6 Posts
Ooc —
:D :D YAY

Truth be told, Chehlia was a bit worse for wear. It had been some time since she had run with a pack, and she knew she would have to join one relatively soon. The Ostrega was sure there was a great plenty here, she simply did not know which to join. Her eyes glanced to the mountains. She was not so good with heights... they were terrifying to her. But if she had to... could she? Chehlia did not have much nerve, too quiet and warm. She wanted to think if she needed to she could face her fears... but she hoped it wouldn't come to that.

The pale waif of a girl moved toward the lake. And when she peered into it, it was difficult to recognize herself. Her face appeared thinner and her sides less full. To begin with, Chehlia was a small creature. A month without a proper meal and scavenging had done much to her features. If her siblings were here, would they know her when they saw her...?

Chehlia.

She heard her name, and blinked slowly. She sighed roughly, thinking it was only a matter of time before you became delusional... but she could not help the hope that had bitten her. Delusions had never came to her before. So that being thought, she turned her head and surveyed the distance. And quite a bit away was a familiar figure, one that she, too, would recognize anywhere. She'd know the faces of all of her siblings, and his voice, normally wrought with pride and arrogance she believed to be playful, was one that she had missed.

Even in her tired state, Chehlia moved to run toward him. Of course, her legs betrayed her some, and she let out a weak laugh (ignore it, ignore it! the sound seemed to ask), continuing on her way. "Sumayl! Thank goodness! Thank goodness!" Her relief was evident, painted all over her face, her body. Her head was low and her ears melted atop her head, as though apologizing for being gone for so long, even though it had been him who had left first. They had all left. Chehlia had been the last to go, the last to come to terms with the fact that her parents had passed; she could not bear to be alone.

The thought was one that brought her to whimper, "Everyone had left, Sumayl, I had to find you guys, I was alone--" her breath caught, and the weakened Chehlia, not sure if he had heard her quiet voice at all, moved to press into him for warmth and comfort both.
Messages In This Thread
think i can fly - by Chehlia - November 30, 2014, 02:52 PM
RE: think i can fly - by Sumayl - November 30, 2014, 03:36 PM
RE: think i can fly - by Chehlia - November 30, 2014, 03:53 PM
RE: think i can fly - by Sumayl - November 30, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: think i can fly - by Chehlia - November 30, 2014, 09:53 PM
RE: think i can fly - by Sumayl - December 02, 2014, 08:48 AM
RE: think i can fly - by Chehlia - December 13, 2014, 09:03 AM
RE: think i can fly - by Sumayl - December 26, 2014, 12:53 PM