Big Salmon Lake i remember the make-up running down your face
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Holy crap he said it.

The moment the words hit her ears, she felt her very blood run cold. Her mind went blank, her body went numb. It was as though he'd flicked off a light switch and everything just went black for a few moments. There was nothing there, only cold and silence and emptiness and then...

A whole shit ton of... stuff.

There really was no better word for it. It was a chaotic blend of joy, panic, fear, anger and relief all fighting for her attention as they screamed their arguments in her ears. Each one fought to try to dominate and overrule the others so that their influence would be what fueled her reaction. It was too much, and at the same time, none of them were enough. It was maddening.

He was in love with her. He wanted to be with her. He would die without her.

And how did she feel? Well... That was really the question, wasn't it? And the truth was, she didn't know. She just plain didn't know. She thought she had, but then she'd changed her mind. And then she thought she had again, but it had been rather inconvenient, so she'd changed it again. And now.. Huh. What to do, what to do... What to do about this thing she'd basically threatened him into saying without having any plan prepared for how to deal with it when he'd actually done as she'd asked.

Given that all of this thought processing happened in about ten seconds, it wasn't all that surprising (to me at least) that her reaction was just as abrupt and confusing as the flurry of mental commentary had been. "You..... Stop it," she barked at him stupidly, immediately feeling like the idiot she was. "No, I mean..." Fin said quite quickly afterwards, only to shake her head and pace a couple of steps to her left, as though being in that spot would do something to help her think better, "Well, yeah. Just stop. Stop for a sec."

Yes, Finn. Stop for a second so that she could continue to panic and change her mind and think of more clearly hypocritical things to say to him. Just keep starting and stopping and jumping through the hoops and climbing over the blockades. Because the sad truth was that even though Finn had laid his armor down, he had picked a woman who had continued to sharpen her arsenal safely behind her own iron fortress.

Messages In This Thread
i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 05, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 07, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finley - December 08, 2014, 02:19 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 13, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 18, 2014, 09:19 PM