Big Salmon Lake i remember the make-up running down your face
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
In spite of her determination, Fin soon felt herself trembling again as her silver doppleganger replied to her words. She watched the pain twist across his face and felt it wrench through her own heart. She wanted to rush to him, to ease all of his agony and put him out of his misery with the affection he so desperately needed from her.

But she couldn't. Fin was frozen in place behind her fortress, unable to move forward and unable to step away in spite of how desperately she wanted to run for her life. For she truly felt that it was her life on the line. He could hurt her and she knew it. He could hurt her far worse than she was hurting him now, experience had taught her that lesson in the worst and most convincing way in the past. She didn't want to hurt again, nor did she want to cause that pain to Finn. It truly was a mercy, she told herself, hurting him now rather than letting it continue only to hurt him further down the road when it truly would kill him.

Because that's what would happen in the end. Fin had proven long ago that she could not be trusted to keep safe someone else's heart, nor was she even worthy of the honor. What did he even want her for anyway? A darkness began to seep into her thoughts that she hadn't felt in a long, long time. Like a caged animal, she felt the panic begin to set in, and suddenly it seemed to be speaking louder than all of the other emotions. Panic was winning the argument, crying out over her confusion and indecision.

"I'm not what you want, Finn," the Blackthorn insisted after another length of silence had settled between them, "You clearly don't know me very well if you think I am. Asking you to come to the Caldera was a mistake, and I'm not going to let you make it." She felt her hackles raise as she spoke, her temper flaring from thoughts that had nothing to do with him.

Messages In This Thread
i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 05, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 07, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finley - December 11, 2014, 08:37 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 13, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 18, 2014, 09:19 PM