Big Salmon Lake i remember the make-up running down your face
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
;__; this almost made me cry at work. Thank god my coworkers are all at meetings..

Fin watched as before her eyes, a change came over her doppleganger. It was as though her words had drained away his very soul, and there was nothing there now but cold and emptiness. The sight made her insides twist in anguish. Suddenly she was doubting every word she'd said. She did love him, she did want to be with him, she didn't want him to go, no please don't go...

But Fin held her tongue, now knowing better than to trust herself or these emotions. For the moment she ran to him would be the moment she changed her mind again, and as horribly as it pained her to let him walk away, she knew that she had to. Otherwise, she'd only end up destroying him even further when her fickle heart decided it was time to wander off again.

"I'm so sorry..." Fin whispered as the platinum male began to disappear from sight, knowing he'd never hear her. It was better that way, though. It was better that he never hear her voice again. She wanted so desperately for him to forget he'd ever met her, that he'd ever loved her, even though the thought brought the sting of tears to her eyes. They pooled there thickly beneath her chocolate irises, but even as they trickled down her cheeks, she held back the sobs in her throat. She didn't deserve the relief of crying. She deserved nothing but the misery and shame that coursed through her veins and the marrow of her bones.

It was a long while before Finley finally turned away from the spot on the horizon where she knew, somewhere Finn was dragging the broken pieces of his heart back to the Plateau. In silence, she began her own journey home, leaving her own wrecked heart there upon the plains to scatter and fade into the falling snow.

Messages In This Thread
i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 05, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 07, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 13, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 18, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finley - December 19, 2014, 11:11 AM