Redhawk Caldera PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Wanted to throw this up before the Christmas craziness begins! Besides, I don't know if we can handle much more insanity in one thread, lol...this round will probably last til Saturday-ish! Don't forget that you can earn EXP by participating in at least 3 rounds. :)

Also, my power went out in the middle of writing this last night, so this is a weird post!

As Elwood waited for his packmates to join him, he arranged and rearranged the meal, as though he was setting an elaborate table. He shifted a leg here, a hip bone there, and tucked the larger slabs of meat into the snow to keep them cold and fresh. Steam rose from the pile, and the smell was enticing; if there was anyone who hadn't heard his howl, he imagined that the scent alone could draw wolves in.

Somnia was first to arrive, and Elwood yipped happily as she cantered towards him. He accepted her amiable bump, his tail waving behind him as he stepped back to survey his handiwork. "Yup, I pulled all the reindeer meat from the cache. It took a while, but I thought it would be nice for everyone to eat together," he said, looking down at her as he spoke. Over her shoulder, he saw Peregrine and Fox making their way towards the food and lifted his head curiously. The Alpha male was looking particularly defensive as he hovered around his mate's hindquarters, and Elwood was surprised to be caught in Peregrine's malignant glare. He shrunk slightly beneath Peregrine's gaze, watching as the leaders began to feast.

He glanced over as Tempest approached, his tail waving at the sight of her. He was glad to see one of the pack's newest members making an attempt to socialize. Before he could open his mouth to greet her, however, from the corner of his eye he saw Peregrine mount Fox -- in front of everyone. Elwood's jaw dropped slightly; this wasn't what he had expected when he planned the get-together. Tempest sidled up to him, whispering a question, and he found himself shaking his head and smiling.

Finley answered Tempest's query from Elwood's other side, and he whipped his head around to look at her. He hadn't noticed her arrival, due to the, um, distraction. "Yeah, they like to keep things...interesting," he added, glancing at Tempest as Finley moved to take a piece of meat from the pile. Jumping on the opportunity, he took a step forward, clearing his throat to get everyone's attention. "Thanks for coming," he said, shooting a pointed glance at Peregrine and Fox. "I thought it would be nice for us all to get together and enjoy the rewards of our pack hunt. So, now that the Alphas have eaten, feel free to grab a bite." He looked to Tempest and Somnia, who hadn't yet consumed anything, and gestured towards the deer meat. Once they had eaten their fill -- and watched some of the spectacle -- he would sate himself, then hopefully guide the group in another direction.
Messages In This Thread
PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Elwood - December 21, 2014, 08:17 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Somnia - December 21, 2014, 08:29 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Finley - December 23, 2014, 02:02 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Elwood - December 24, 2014, 10:19 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Somnia - December 24, 2014, 10:41 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Finley - December 27, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Elwood - December 27, 2014, 08:16 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Somnia - December 28, 2014, 11:55 AM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Finley - December 28, 2014, 07:09 PM
RE: PACKTIVITY -- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer - by Elwood - December 28, 2014, 11:23 PM