Blacktail Deer Plateau With Baited Breath I scream for joy
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The warmth of the place was all that he had ever known. So the sensation of cold was not only foreign, but non-existent in his tiny little brain. That was the first thing he noticed about the new world, though. It was cold. The second thing he noticed was that he didn't like it.

Not much prodding and poking was needed to get him going. The boy flailed, feeling his body hoisted and moved by something. He made one soft noise but was otherwise quiet, preferring to feel around with his nose for something that he knew he needed. Innately he was aware of a need for something. He wasn't sure what it was.

The flailing persisted until he was warmed by the flicks of another something, a dry comforting something that slowly made him feel more content. It was then that he stilled a bit. Until he was moved again and he made another soft noise of protest. One that ended shortly at success, because the thing he had sought without understanding what it was was suddenly there.

The unnamed boy pressed forward into the heat that he felt, into the sweet smell. Blindly, he reached around with his mouth for what he knew had to be there. When he found it, he latched on ferociously and began to suck. The taste of the stuff that squirted into his mouth made his tail wag instinctively in pleasure.

He kneaded at the belly of his mother when the flow didn't satisfy, slowly drifting into sleep.

The boy didn't move again until something interrupted him, the motion of a head reaching back for another body. One that was placed near to him. He ignored it, it didn't matter. After all, he had what he wanted. Someday he would care, someday they would probably fight over the best spots.

A third body was brought to their sides and this one was also ignored. All was ignored in favor of the milk that was pouring down his throat and into his belly.

By the time his father would arrive, the boy was most assuredly passed out.
all you have is your fire
Messages In This Thread
With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Blue Willow - January 07, 2015, 09:38 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Eilidh - January 07, 2015, 09:55 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Constantine - January 08, 2015, 04:36 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Casmir - January 08, 2015, 05:11 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Lasher - January 09, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Dante RIP - January 09, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Blue Willow - January 09, 2015, 02:41 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Lasher - January 09, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Eilidh - January 09, 2015, 04:17 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Osprey - January 09, 2015, 04:39 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Dante RIP - January 11, 2015, 04:52 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Blue Willow - January 11, 2015, 09:45 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Valtyr RIP - January 11, 2015, 11:47 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Constantine - January 12, 2015, 09:02 AM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Lasher - January 13, 2015, 02:13 AM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Osprey - January 13, 2015, 12:28 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Eilidh - January 13, 2015, 09:05 PM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Dante RIP - January 15, 2015, 09:21 AM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Lasher - January 17, 2015, 12:41 AM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Blue Willow - January 19, 2015, 08:34 AM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Osprey - January 20, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: With Baited Breath I scream for joy - by Dante RIP - January 20, 2015, 03:55 PM