The Heartwood my heart is like a stallion.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Her companion was quick to reenter the fight, and Andalusia's eyes flickered at the sheer strength the man imposed against the ruddy beast. He swung the coyote like it was nothing but a soggy leaf and, watching the man's fearsome display, the Ostrega wondered if she'd made a mistake in throwing herself into the fray. But with her adrenaline pumping, she had little time to reflect on these thoughts. Instead, her attention locked on the coyote, who took one last look at the stranger and fled, its threats dying in the evening air as it left a trail of ruddy blood across the frozen ground.

Andalusia watched the coyote flee with triumph alight in her pallid eyes, but the rush of their victory diffused when she felt the watchful gaze of her dark companion set heavy against her. Instinct high strung from the fight, Andalusia turned to face him. He did nothing to hide the wariness written across his face, but she remained composed, revealing nothing of herself but a slight narrowing of the eyes. Sliding onto her haunches, the Ostrega planted herself to the ground. Like it or not, she wasn't about to leave empty pawed. Though he'd found the kill first, it was every ounce hers as it was his own, and she had the coyote's mark to prove it.

"Oh, relax. With the look you're giving me, you'd think I'm wanting to eat you," she scoffed, but made no movement toward the man, and stole no look at the carcass that tempted her so. Patience was key, and the stranger had displayed his strength enough for her to know it would be foolish for her to act in such brash competition against him. "You put up a good fight." Andalusia let a careful grin twitch at her lips. "Glad we're on the same side."
Messages In This Thread
my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - January 03, 2015, 11:56 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Andalusia - January 04, 2015, 01:33 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - January 14, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Andalusia - January 18, 2015, 12:47 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - January 21, 2015, 07:48 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Andalusia - January 27, 2015, 11:08 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - January 29, 2015, 08:17 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Andalusia - February 08, 2015, 07:17 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - February 13, 2015, 07:59 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Twitch - March 20, 2015, 07:09 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - March 20, 2015, 07:25 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Twitch - March 20, 2015, 07:45 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Summer Ostrega - March 21, 2015, 07:42 PM
RE: my heart is like a stallion. - by Twitch - March 21, 2015, 08:32 PM