Great Bear Wilderness Summer loving and fights, how it is for us
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He wanted to discuss her mother's ghost further, though Peregrine momentarily set the subject aside when she finished, unable to move past her mention of the hunting incident. First and foremost, he was concerned for her health. The fact that she seemed to be suffering a headache even now worried him, even though she didn't even mentioned where the deer had kicked her. Call it a father's six sense. He wanted to ask, yet intuited that prodding and poking at her would be unwelcome. He was no medic anyway and, presumably, she was under the best care in the world (Blue Willow's).

More than that, though, he was angry on her behalf. Before he could debate whether coming to her defense would be seen as obnoxious, he growled thickly. "I am a master Gamekeeper and I take hits all the time. It is the nature of the beast—literally. Who said this to you?" he wanted to know. "I know you don't need me, of all people, to step in on your behalf. And I'm sure you can take care of yourself. But, Saena... if you want me to kick this misogynistic, ageist prick right in his asshole of a face, you let me know."

Taking a deep, calming breath, he added, "And you should mention this to Dante and Willow. I can't imagine they will tolerate anyone treating you this way. You're nearly a yearling. I bet you have more trades under your belt than this shitwit prick. Nobody should be speaking to you like that regardless," Peregrine opined in a harsh voice that softened when his eyes found her gaze for just a heartbeat. "You have the makings of a good leader, Saena, and if they don't recognize that... well, they're blind assholes." Yes, he was speaking with the tongue of a biased dad who, furthermore, hoped to placate his estranged daughter. Yet he would stand by every word he said if ever questioned.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - January 25, 2015, 06:47 PM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - January 25, 2015, 09:05 PM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - January 26, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - January 26, 2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - February 01, 2015, 02:16 PM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 02, 2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - February 02, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - February 04, 2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Summer loving and fights, how it is for us - by Saēna - February 08, 2015, 08:01 PM