Great Bear Wilderness i believe in the things that i am afraid to say.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The tension in his muscles relaxed even more when Finley scrambled to own her mistake. At least she wasn't deflecting the blame or making excuses for her behavior. Even when she explained, she didn't try to make herself look better. She even finished off by saying she wasn't worth the trouble and offering a breathy, genuine apology.

Seeing Finley like this hurt him, though the anger gave him some balance. "You told him not to fall for you?" he repeated rhetorically. "And then got mad at him when he followed your advice? C'mon, Fin..." he said, shaking his head. "Why would you tell him that in the first place, anyway? From where I'm standing, something is pretty fucking clear: you're in love with the dude, aren't you?"

Why else would she be beside herself about Elwood's forgiveness? Why else would she have been so upset about Elwood getting intimate with Grimm? There was no other explanation that made as much sense as this one. What Peregrine really wanted to know was why Finley had thrown up roadblocks in the first place, though even as he silently awaited an answer, he supposed it seemed in character. Finley just didn't do feelings, not really, so the entire thing was somehow unsurprising.
Messages In This Thread
i believe in the things that i am afraid to say. - by Finley - February 10, 2015, 10:14 AM
RE: i believe in the things that i am afraid to say. - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2015, 01:36 PM