Horizon Ridge say yes, say yes
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Much of what Akhlut said was true, and spoken gently; disarming, as it were. It worked on Jinx's quiet blood, the small part of her that still retained her compassion, buried deep down inside. Nonetheless, she would pull back her lips at his suggestion that her challenge was out of greed and not necessity, for as ambitious and advantageous as Jinx was, she would never tolerate being considered greedy. No matter how true it was that she had overreaching goals, the Kesuk denied it so fiercely that she believed wholly that she was doing it for their own good.

"You are blind," she stated simply, sincerely. Could Akhlut not see that the only instability in Horizon Ridge had originated with himself? Could he not see what his inexperience was doing to the pack? "I once was inexperienced. I once led a pack I did not know how to lead. I figured it out... But not by hanging back and hiding from my followers as you do." Of course, Akhlut didn't intentionally hide... But he nonetheless succeeded at hiding, if only by circumstance, and if only in her eyes. "I walked among them day and night, I let them mold and shape me with their lack of faith and every challenge they threw my way. I earned my place. Shearwater Bay thrived beneath my sister and I, the wolves came to accept us and respect us for overcoming their trials, and I would give anything to be back there with them where I belong." Say what anyone would of her; she had been loyal to Shearwater.

"I gave up my home and family to keep them safe," she told him firmly, "because I saw strife with my sister growing to a level that would destroy the pack, and I pulled away to protect them all. Had it been instead a wolf who was concerned with my leadership, had I also been so inaccessible as you, who threatened my pack rather than sibling rivalry, and had I known it was myself to blame, I would have also sacrificed my home and my position for my wolves." Her implication was quite simple: step down, it said. This was the true story of Jinx Kesuk, who had done something noble once: she had left her home not because she had abandoned them (her heart ached for them every night) and not because she had failed, but because she loved them, and would not allow her spats with Kaskae to be the pack's undoing. Strife and flames, she remembered vividly, the Bay incensed, torn on policies of war and spirit.

The Bay in flames.

It might've been amusing how everyone thought Jinx would turn the pack into some kind of evil legion if she was to lead it, but of course, she knew nothing of that. Neither of her packs had been evil legions... But again, she was unaware.

Before Akhlut could hand over the pack, as she felt certain he would do upon realizing that he was the cause of the problem, she said, "but, you are right. This pack needs stability. You cannot provide it, but since you are so keen to learn by mistake, go on leading. When you come to a point where you have no choice but to give it over to someone who is better equipped, then you will learn something." She took a step back from him, refusing to allow him a further inch of respect from her; he was her Alpha no longer, and this was clear in her eyes even before he had a chance to tell her to leave again. Besides, the desire to seek out Lecter was stronger than ever before, and pulled back the reins on her challenge quite mightily indeed. "As for me, I will not support an Alpha who is too proud to admit he is too inexperienced to lead, nor will I support an Alpha who does not even interact with his wolves," she said with a note of finality.

"Best of luck," she said, sarcasm heavy in her voice. "When you finally realize that you were the only problem here, do not come to me expecting forgiveness." She would turn to leave then, disinterested in him any longer. She felt a twinge of sadness at leaving behind some of the wolves, including Pied, and she knew they would come to think of her as nothing but a traitor and deserter... The insecure little girl in her breast winced at that insult, but Jinx could not subscribe herself to Akhlut's leadership any longer. She could not sit idly by wondering when next he would show his face. And so she would leave, and find strength elsewhere.
Messages In This Thread
say yes, say yes - by Jinx - January 30, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 08, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 02:45 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 09, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 09, 2014, 03:08 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 09, 2014, 10:56 PM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Akhlut - February 10, 2014, 09:25 AM
RE: say yes, say yes - by Jinx - February 10, 2014, 03:09 PM