Redhawk Caldera You and I were fire, fire, fireworks
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Though their brother was no longer amonst them, the firebirds continued to wriggle about just as they always had. Fin watched them with a sorrowful gaze, wondering if there was any part of them that was aware. She supposed it was unlikely, but that in itself made her feel even sadder. They would never get to know him, would never remember him. Hell, they'd never even seen or heard him before. He would be nothing more than a sad story their parents would tell them someday when they were older and ready to learn about the harsh, cruelty of reality.

Finley shut her eyes in an effort to reel her emotions in. She too would probably forget he ever existed. Someone else would bring him up and she'd pause, wondering what they were talking about for a moment before his little tan face suddenly popped into her head. Her heart ached for Peregrine and Fox and the pain they were in at that moment, burying their little boy. Beyond that, she was sad for the simple fact that it was terrible to lose a pup. It was also natural, though, and Derp had been the runt...

Fin heaved another sigh, turning her attention to the three that remained. It was strange to feel them kneading at her belly, whining because she had no milk to give them. It was a feeling that normally would have sent her into an awkward, uncomfortable fit, but given the present circumstances, she tolerated it with only the mildest of grimaces.

Messages In This Thread
You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Nightjar - March 01, 2015, 03:02 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Wildfire - March 02, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Finley - March 02, 2015, 06:42 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Nightjar - March 02, 2015, 08:42 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Wildfire - March 02, 2015, 09:30 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Finley - March 04, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Nightjar - March 06, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Wildfire - March 06, 2015, 09:54 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Finley - March 06, 2015, 07:00 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Nightjar - March 08, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Wildfire - March 08, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Finley - March 09, 2015, 07:15 PM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Nightjar - March 17, 2015, 10:16 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Wildfire - March 17, 2015, 10:51 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Finley - March 17, 2015, 11:31 AM
RE: You and I were fire, fire, fireworks - by Nightjar - March 19, 2015, 08:28 AM