Redhawk Caldera give my regards to the reaper
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
All welcome, but please allow @Peregrine to post first.

When they finally got back to Redhawk Caldera and drew close to the den where Dove had been staying, the smell of death was on the air. Fox had hoped that somehow her sister would manage to pull through, even though she'd not thought it likely. The sickness that had started in her shoulder had coursed through her veins, taking her life bit-by-bit until there was nothing more than a husk of a dainty white wolf laying there. The Alpha's hackles rose as she approached, having never liked the dead, and she sniffed the motionless body.

"Damn," Fox said, "I knew she was close, but... I thought she'd at least make it until we got back." There was a sadness in her voice, though Fox did not choke on her words, nor were there tears in her eyes. Death was a part of life, and Fox knew that it would someday come for her as well. Cause and effect, all that good stuff. She frowned, stepping back from what was once her sister and letting out a sigh. Fox had personally never been a fan of burial, preferring to leave those at rest... well, at rest, but it would be easy to cover the den where Dove had been staying if they wished to.

"We should let everybody know." Losing one of their own was never, ever easy. Less so when the one they had lost was a direct relation to the Redhawk family.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
give my regards to the reaper - by RIP Fox - July 15, 2015, 02:51 PM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by Wildfire - July 15, 2015, 03:17 PM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by RIP Fox - July 28, 2015, 05:37 PM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by Wildfire - July 29, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by OG Magpie - July 31, 2015, 03:17 PM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by RIP Fox - August 05, 2015, 09:41 AM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 05, 2015, 09:48 AM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by Wildfire - August 05, 2015, 09:52 AM
RE: give my regards to the reaper - by RIP Fox - September 09, 2015, 10:33 AM