Redhawk Caldera I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie's heart lay in the Naturalist trade, though the demands of Redhawk Caldera had dictate she pursue other skills— still, that did not remove her knowledge or talent. She had been on the edge of the caldera, where the elevation provided an unrivaled view. There was an uncanny stillness and quiet— that had first alerted her to the changing weather. It was never good when the birds went silent, nor when her ultimate nemeses (rabbits) disappeared underground without her provocation.

Sure enough, darkness was gathering in the sky— clouds more threatening than she had ever seen before. Her experiences told her only that it would be a terrible thunderstorm. That seeking cover would be necessary, for lightning was capable of striking anything out in the open... and just as terrible, was capable of burning down entire forests.

She estimated they only had a few hours before the storm would strike, and so she lilted a warning cry over the caldera, and immediately set off to the caldera's main den site to warn her family. Magpie ran as though she were chasing prey, but it would still take her some time to reach the rendezvous site— she would cut it perilously close. When she was perhaps twenty minutes away, sides heaving with exertion, Peregrine's own warning cut through the air. She altered her course towards the hillside.

When the side of the caldera came into view, Magpie's green eyes scanned the hills for signs of movement. Luckily, she caught sight of a tail disappearing beneath an outcropping, and the dark form of Peregrine guarding the entrance. Several minutes later, she arrived— bumping her head beneath the Alpha's muzzle in deference— and disappeared inside, breathless. She took inventory of the pack mates here with her, nodding at each and noting the absences, as she awaited the arrivals of others and worked to catch her breath.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too! - by OG Magpie - July 27, 2015, 11:02 AM