Noctisardor Bypass It's been a long day without you, my friend
135 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He came from the uncharted wilderness to the east, a wiry waif blown in like a leaf on the wind. There was a large wound where his neck met his chest. It no longer bled, though the flesh was still torn and red and it wept yellowish pus. Relonikiv would never make the mistake of hunting a stag by himself again.

With every light footstep, he whined under his breath. The infected gash hurt. His weary feet hurt. His empty stomach hurt. His silver eyes flickered from a gaunt face. The last several months had been hard on him and he was at the end of his rope. Between the unseemly slash in his neck and the ribs stretching his pale pelt like rawhide, he wasn't long for this world.

With every pound that peeled off his already slight frame, his heart grew heavier. After suffering mistreatment at the hands of strange wolves, then weeks (or was it months) of solitude and starvation, Relonikiv yearned more and more for his mother, brothers and sister. He ached for Scimitar and Bazi. He just wanted to go home.

He never made it to Nova Peak, nor even to Swiftcurrent Creek. Naturally, he knew nothing about Jade Fern Grove. But as he passed beneath the arches of his father's long dead kingdom (without realizing it), Relonikiv thought he caught a familiar scent. He paused and whined, then veered slightly southwest. He swore he smelled Scimitar. Father?

He never made it past the lake. Succumbing to his poor health, Relonikiv swooned and slumped beside the shore. His eyelids fluttered and he groaned. Even if he was going to die, he wanted to see his family before he went. It was the dying boy's only wish, which he made with all his might even as he closed his eyes and lay still.

By the time anyone else arrives, he will have passed away. I just wanted to write an ending for this lil' guy! Rest in peace, Relonikiv. :( <3

@Scimitar @Bazi 
Messages In This Thread
It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Relonikiv - September 16, 2015, 02:19 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Wildfire - September 19, 2015, 11:38 AM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Saēna - September 21, 2015, 04:51 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Wildfire - September 21, 2015, 05:40 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Saēna - September 21, 2015, 06:02 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Wildfire - September 21, 2015, 06:21 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Saēna - September 21, 2015, 06:39 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Wildfire - September 21, 2015, 06:54 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Saēna - September 25, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Wildfire - September 26, 2015, 03:20 PM
RE: It's been a long day without you, my friend - by Saēna - November 02, 2015, 10:48 PM