Blackfeather Woods Woe is me
21 Posts
Ooc —

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Strong violence, gore
Tagging @Nemesis, but anyone can pop in, I guess.
Set in Wolfskull.

How long had it been? How long had he been trapped within the cave? Everything around him remained dark, he knew not of how many days had passed, or even if the sun had yet to rise at all. He could hardly tell up from down anymore, his young mind having been scrambled and left open to the influences of delusions. He wanted to go free, to carry on with his life and live like he was meant to, but his pleas were never answered. No food had been brought to him, nor had his wounds been checked out. It was a surprise infections hadn’t set in, though that was most likely due to them being nothing more than small flesh wounds. Road rash, really, save for whatever marks the woman had left on his scruff with her teeth. Oh, that woman… she’d chased him down and then taken him in, but since then he’d yet to see even the slightest trace of her presence. He didn’t know where she was, or if she ever planned to come back, but didn’t care either way. He didn’t need her. He needed to be left alone, to regain his strength and energy so he could flee. Yeah, that needed to be at the top of his list of priorities, not worrying over when he would see the she-devil again.

A muffled, gurgling sound echoed off the cave’s walls, causing his ears to fall back and a growl to sound from his throat. Eyes darted around in an attempt to locate the source of the sound, but he could see nothing but the shadows that surrounded him. Again, the noise came, bringing him to spin around and fall back, tail tucking down between his thighs. No matter where he looked, he was given no sign that his kidnapper had returned, leaving him even more bothered by the sound. It was only when it echoed once more that he realized he was acting irrationally, for it was coming from his own body—his stomach, to be more precise. As the realization dawned on him, a whimper replaced the growl that had previously been growing in his throat. The pain struck him, then, causing him to flinch back and fold in on himself. Never had he gone hungry, never had he been left to starve. It was a new experience for him, but not at all an enjoyable one. He attempted to seek out food—or just anything edible—but it seemed as if the deities were not on his side. They’d abandoned him in his time of need, more or less assuring him that he’d been sentenced to death.

Then there came a screech.

Ragdoll bolted upwards, but regretted the action directly after. He had to take a moment to regain his composure, the sudden movement having brought on another wave of pain. Once capable of moving, he allowed his ears to guide him through the never-ending darkness, set on finding the source of the cry. One step, three steps, seven steps… he continued forward, but whether he was actually going forward and not in a giant circle couldn’t be known. No matter what type of negative possibilities presented themselves, he pressed onward until he came across something writhing around on the ground. The hybrid could feel fur and bare skin touching his front legs every now and again, and without thinking about what the creature could be, his head shot forward and he scooped the being up into his mouth. Driven by starvation, he wasted no time in biting down on the bat, then chewed and swallowed it down in record time. The small meal did not lessen his pain, though, but caused it to increase instead. The introduction of food to a previously empty stomach only further awoke his need to eat, and the ache became so intense that it had him falling down onto the ground. This time, it was the yearling’s turn to writhe around, just as his meal had been doing before he’d devoured it.

The boy could not keep the whimpers from leaving his opened maw one right after the other, nor could he keep his body still. His slender form twisted around on the cold ground, before he was forced over onto his stomach in order to vomit up what he’d eaten just minutes ago. Having gone so long without eating, his body had not been prepared for the sudden intake and, as a result, had punished him for wishing to end his suffering. No matter, as soon as the contents of his belly had been forced out of him, he dove right back into it and began eating his own puke. He did not stop until every piece had been returned to his insides. It was then that he realized exactly what his life had come to, causing him to bark and howl in a futile attempt to gain someone’s attention. Ragdoll wanted out, and was determined to go free no matter how much it might cost him.
Messages In This Thread
Woe is me - by Ragdoll - November 29, 2015, 03:41 AM
RE: Woe is me - by Nemesis - December 04, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Woe is me - by Mikasi - December 07, 2015, 12:49 AM
RE: Woe is me - by Ragdoll - December 12, 2015, 05:12 AM
RE: Woe is me - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Woe is me - by Mikasi - December 20, 2015, 02:23 PM
RE: Woe is me - by Ragdoll - December 27, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: Woe is me - by Nemesis - January 12, 2016, 09:06 PM