Neverwinter Forest And I'm ready to soar
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Someone from STM, perhaps? Since they’ve been camping out close by for a while now, aha.
You’re always welcome to pop in, too, @Leo

It’d been quite some time already since the female had settled herself in the woods with her younger companion. The lay of the forest had been somewhat engraved in her mind, allowing her to easily pinpoint her location no matter where she was within it. It was both comforting and worrisome. She enjoyed always knowing where and how close she was to the campsite she’d been staying at with Leo, but also unnerving due to the pack that resided close by. Their exact place of settlement wasn’t known to her, of course, but she knew of the general area. There were times in which she’d gotten close to the borders, but never did she walk directly up to them or cross the threshold into the pack’s land. To do so would be entirely too dangerous, as well as utterly foolish. It wasn’t in her character to act in such an immature manner, thus she kept herself as far from the invisible lines as possible. Despite those precautions she’d gone the extra length to take, however, she knew they could not stay much longer. It wasn’t safe, and she felt the child had healed enough already to continue on with their travels.

Having settled her mind on it, Asterr departed from the makeshift den in order to scout out the forest one last time. Her goal was to trek around its perimeter to see which direction called out to her, that way she could retrieve Leo and then set out for their next destination. It was tedious work, her gut sometimes nagging her to go one way, then dropping that idea in a second and replacing it with something else. At one point, something within her urged her towards the claimed mountain—for a better view of the land, probably—but she did not answer the silent voice. Instead, the dragon had turned herself right around and headed in the opposite direction, her shaded form crossing the earth with precise steps. It was only when she broke through the northeastern edge of trees that her body came to a halt, nose tilting up against the wind as she inhaled.

There.

Something about the fragrance of the air and the mountains from which it’d originated had her yearning to journey towards it. Alas, she could not—not yet, anyways. Asterr refrained from departing from the woods entirely, having to forcibly turn herself around and start back in the direction she’d come from. Their next location had been decided, all she needed to do was retrieve Leo and hope he agreed with her belief that he was okay to travel.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - December 06, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - December 08, 2015, 08:57 AM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - December 08, 2015, 02:15 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - December 09, 2015, 04:14 AM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - December 09, 2015, 11:03 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - January 07, 2016, 03:59 AM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - January 08, 2016, 05:46 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - January 09, 2016, 11:25 AM