Lost Creek Hollow i am pulsing the blood in your veins.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Private 
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF this takes place tomorrow morning :D  @Mordecai @Silas @Pippin @Larkspur 

Her sides heaved and her body shook.  It had been hours since she'd driven Mordecai from the den out into the night when she'd first realized her time had come.  Her contractions were persistent, but she knew instinctively her pups were not yet ready to greet the world.  This was simply stage one, and it was uncomfortable and seemingly never-ending.  She paced, she shivered, she panted and whined.  She threw up at one point, but otherwise busied herself pushing bedding around incessantly before pacing again and whining softly.

Harlyn had thought that this would have been as awful as it got.  Nature proved her wrong, and she thought briefly that she had been foolish to believe the pain could not grow worse than it already was.  But then she had become distracted as the felt the little ones in her belly shift and she knew that now was their time.  She strained and whined until she thought her entire body was going to tear in half.  But finally, she had one little bundle - a dark ball of sleek, wet fur and squirming limbs.  She cleaned him and coddled him as much as she could before the pain began to climax again and she prepared to welcome puppy number two.

This one seemed much like the first, though perhaps a bit lighter in color.  Again, Harlyn's instincts told her what to do and soon she was placed neatly beside the other bleating ball and her body seized again.  The last little wolf took longer than the others.  Much longer.  Where the first two had been ten, maybe fifteen minutes apart, her last pup seemed determined to remain firmly rooted in her womb.  The soft whines she'd emitted throughout her entire labor became louder as the minute dragged on.  She cried out in pain and frustration finally, and that seemed to be the call he'd been waiting for as the littlest of her babes finally came mewling into the world.

When all was said and done, dawn had crept out over the Hollow to find Harlyn lying with three tiny Ostregas suckling greedily at her belly.  Her sides still heaved and her body still shook, but there was overwhelming joy upon her face as she gazed at them.  Thinking back, the only problem she had with how long it had taken her to give birth to them was that she had missed out on that many hours of having them in her arms.  They were perfect.
Messages In This Thread
i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Harlyn - January 15, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Silas - January 16, 2016, 02:38 AM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Pippin - January 17, 2016, 08:34 AM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Larkspur - January 18, 2016, 06:15 PM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Mordecai - January 18, 2016, 06:32 PM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Harlyn - January 19, 2016, 01:16 PM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Mordecai - January 19, 2016, 05:03 PM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Larkspur - January 21, 2016, 05:41 PM
RE: i am pulsing the blood in your veins. - by Silas - January 22, 2016, 01:48 AM