Redhawk Caldera you did not break me
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He didn't know whether to be disappointed or hopeful when she cited her lack of experience, now that he had this idea in his head that he could instruct the next generations of hunters as a sort of full-time job. Peregrine stood there ponderously, chewing over her answer and taking in her youthful appearance again. The pack was about to have several more helpless mouths to feed. If they gave this young woman a chance and she didn't catch on quickly, they would have to punt her out mercilessly. But if she did prove up to scratch, it would benefit the caldera greatly, especially now.

"We could use some hunters," he admitted. What pack couldn't, really? But they could use them now, more than ever, even young and uninitiated ones. "And I could teach you myself." He paused, his throat burning as the next few words bubbled to his lips. "But it's not up to me whether you're welcome h—" Before he could mention calling for one of the leaders, one appeared.

His heart leaped into his throat as Fox appeared on the scene. He made to greet her with a nuzzle to the chin, only for her to brush past him as if he wasn't even there. Peregrine stood there, awkward and bewildered. Had his mate just snubbed him? He understood that his condition had changed things and that his dismissal from leadership was particularly hard to accept... but this, he hadn't anticipated at all. His heart began beating rapidly in his chest, wondering if he had misunderstood that parting kiss entirely.

He felt a mix of anger, disbelief, sadness and horror, all of which played out on his face in front of their youthful audience. Reality hit him like a steel whip, biting right through to the bone. After everything they had been through together—most importantly, their children born and unborn—was she simply throwing him away like a piece of trash?
Messages In This Thread
you did not break me - by Allure - January 19, 2016, 10:44 AM
RE: you did not break me - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2016, 10:58 AM
RE: you did not break me - by Allure - January 19, 2016, 11:32 AM
RE: you did not break me - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: you did not break me - by Allure - January 19, 2016, 12:37 PM
RE: you did not break me - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 12:48 PM
RE: you did not break me - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2016, 01:08 PM
RE: you did not break me - by Allure - January 19, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: you did not break me - by RIP Fox - January 20, 2016, 12:42 PM
RE: you did not break me - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 20, 2016, 12:57 PM
RE: you did not break me - by Allure - January 20, 2016, 06:50 PM