The Sunspire So we meet again...
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The hostility that had previously been displayed seemed to lessen, allowing for the young chieftess to ease herself and focus on what Leo had to say. All the while he told his tale, and she remained silent, taking in every word and letting them linger within her mind. The way he'd spoken of the pallid female, it was almost as if they'd been lovers once upon a time; though a quick read of the auras surrounding them said otherwise. They'd not been lovers, but had still been close—siblings, perhaps, but she didn't verbalize her guess. It remained within herself, stored away until more information was provided. They could very well have been close friends, too, and so the girl would not make herself a fool by assuming things so suddenly. Instead, she would observe and listen, awaiting any subtle hints, and committing each word said to the memories she held of Leo's life.

Mom and dad. There is was, the words she'd needed to hear. They were siblings, but had been separated. Asterr could relate to the situation, though she'd left her own siblings behind by choice and while on good terms. Never had she hated her former home, nor had she felt as if she hadn't been able to stay there. No, her situation was different, but the emotions involved remained similar. "I wish that you would have shared your story with me sooner," the girl said, having waited a moment or two after he'd finished. "But after hearing all of that, I can understand why you had chosen not to. I also understand your wish to leave your past behind, but know that you must never allow for yourself to forget it. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, and I am uncertain of what I would do if I found you in such a marred state once more." To be upset with him was not something that she could do, especially since it was clear that he had his reasoning for keeping from her the full story of his life prior to their meeting.

Despite the boy's wishes, his past had, in a way, caught up with him. For there stood his sister naught but a few feet away, alive and well, though notably distrusting. Nevertheless, Asterr had once again directed her attention towards Peridot, her expression soft. "I am sure you traveled a great distance in order to be here today, but know that I cannot send Leo away with you," she began, jumping straight into things. Within her mind, she'd placed herself in the girl's position. If any of her siblings had up and left one day, she would hope that they might then stay with her if ever found. When she looked at the stranger, however, she saw someone who would insist upon such a thing, rather than merely hope for it. "However, I can offer you a place within our home if the company of your brother is what you seek." Rather, she couldn't turn her away if that was what they both wanted. Leo deserved as much happiness as he could be given, as compensation for all that he'd been forced to go through at such a young age.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
So we meet again... - by RIP Leo - April 01, 2016, 05:47 PM
RE: So we meet again... - by Peridot Bolverk - April 01, 2016, 06:32 PM
RE: So we meet again... - by RIP Leo - April 01, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: So we meet again... - by Asterr - April 01, 2016, 11:33 PM
RE: So we meet again... - by Peridot Bolverk - April 02, 2016, 04:40 AM
RE: So we meet again... - by RIP Leo - April 02, 2016, 12:49 PM
RE: So we meet again... - by Asterr - April 06, 2016, 12:27 AM
RE: So we meet again... - by Peridot Bolverk - April 06, 2016, 04:07 AM