Whitefish River here 2 china
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie

They ate in a companionable, if somewhat awkward, silence. Minutes elapsed as the two cleaned the carcasses of their fish; Sigrún picked each bone clean, chewing and gnawing along the knobby backbone and between the prickly ribs. She coughed sharply as a thin rib bone scratched at her throat on the way down but continued to eat, unfazed. Fat and juice glistened on her lips and whiskers, and glossy scales littered the ground around her forepaws. Despite the fish's small size, its high-fat, high-protein meat was surprisingly filling. As she gulped down the last morsels of meat and skin, licking her teeth gingerly as she spat out a random scale here and there, her belly felt sated for the first time in many days.

Just as she let out a soft sigh of satisfaction, Skyfall asked, "Better?" She turned her glacial eyes up at him and gave him a small smile, nodding as she replied, "Yes, much better." Her smiled widened and her tail swept across the rocky ground behind her, grateful for the stranger's kindness. "I am Sigrún. I'm new here. Where I am from, hunting is...different. My belly has long been empty." The relief from hunger quieted the feral, aggressive side of her, allowing her softer, friendlier side to show through.

as dark as the winter, as black as her ghastly veil
as cold as her whisper and chilling gown
Messages In This Thread
here 2 china - by Skyfall - July 24, 2013, 09:50 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Chakra - July 24, 2013, 11:23 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Skyfall - July 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Chakra - July 25, 2013, 10:37 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Skyfall - July 30, 2013, 03:01 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Chakra - July 30, 2013, 05:27 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Skyfall - August 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
RE: here 2 china - by Chakra - August 17, 2013, 01:36 AM