Hushed Willows Ornithomancy
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
Dealing with my own figurative locust plague, guys, so bear with me here <3 Also, because of these events, ranks won't be shuffled this period but expect some changes once the dust settles around here! Mandatory meeting! PPing @Tavi for reasons seen ahead -- Paging: @Teagan @Kunik @Nova Rose @Trick @Grace @Flora

For days he had watched the birds arrive and depart odd droves, keening towards the sea, and for days he had ignored the signs of earth. The way she shivered ominously around him. His ignorance was self-imposed; the feelings of unease swept away in favor of pride, for he was a wolf that thought that whatever boiled their way would be handled as only his wolves were capable of. They would survive the happening, and still...

He was particularly concerned with Octavia. Her looming due date kept him near, but the locusts, which had been mere nuisance of noise pollution the day before, had turned full-blown plague overnight, and he left her side to assess the damage. The southern willows were getting demolished, and there was no telling how quickly the insatiable insects would reach and scourge the heart of their Keep. When Warbone returned to Octavia, he had been running, or rather careening for her, and the air following him had become completely swarmed. A wall of insects impenetrable by sight. The stink of them, too, made it hard to smell anything. But the Hunter found Octavia, as he always would.

"Come," he called over the droning noise, leading her as quickly as she could comfortably go towards a clearer stretch of the territory, only yet nibbled by the invading crowd. He stopped, figuring this was as good a spot as any to address his pack. They would house themselves in The Crook, but things had to first be done before they could, and he tossed his head back and howled for everyone's attendance. His howl carried in such resonance that the grasshoppers in the near area scattered from them before resuming their mindless consumption of the Marauder's home.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
Ornithomancy - by Warbone - April 28, 2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Nova Rose - April 28, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Grace - April 28, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Flora - April 28, 2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Kunik - April 29, 2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Ornithomancy - by RIP Tavi - April 29, 2016, 02:13 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Trick - April 29, 2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Teagan - April 29, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Warbone - April 30, 2016, 04:06 PM