I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot]
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: this is a mini-plot for Horizon Ridge members and to explain, how Pump is going to claim the leadership. It will take place in three quick rounds (one day for each or less, if things go smoothly).
This thread takes place at the same time Akhlut's does - http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1512

1. Round - early morning - post, where your character is during the rock-slide and what happens to him/her;
2. Round - later in the day - Pump calls out to the survivors and they gather in one place to discuss the situation;
3. Round - Pump takes up what she thinks is a temporary leadership and the main tasks for the members are to stay alive and seek for their alpha.

Few days ago Pump had returned to Horizon ridge and welcomed the place as a good friend. She had wandered far and seen quite a lot, but despite her disappointment in pack life, something had drawn her back. She would never admit it, but she had grown fond of the forests and the mountains and nowhere else in the valley had she found that much opportunities to hunt and scavenge as here. It was as she had said - people could fail you, but good land never did.

So - satisfied with the little of the world she had seen - the wolf-dog had resumed her daily routine of sleeping, eating, scavenging a little and then sleeping again. Seeing some of the pack members occasionally, but not seeking their company. She was fine and she believed that she didn't need anybody. She hadn't chosen to live as a lone wolf or to try to find another pack to live and hopefully fit in, because this was her place, even if the people around her wasn't exactly what she had expected.

It was early in the morning, when she woke up having a very uncomfortable feeling - tugging in her gut and telling that something was very, very wrong. Pump wasn't a person, who ignored her instincts, therefore she squeezed out of the small den under her tree, got to her feet and looked around, sniffed the air and tried to understand, what it was that made her worry. She didn't catch it at first, but then - there it was and how odd - the ground seemed to vibrate slightly under her toes.

There was a moment of silence, a pause, before the grand showdown. Because after she heard the first loud crash and sound of thunder everything seemed to happen very fast. She waited only that long to see the first small rocks and snow tumble down the slope in a small avalanche. She didn't stop to see the first grand rocks roll down, crashing in trees and taking them down with them, because the wolf-dog was running for her life now.

Pump stumbled and fell, got to her feet and ran again, at one point she felt that something hit her in the flank, but she was too panicked to feel any pain. The only thought was to get away and the sooner the better. She slowed her pace only, when she had reached the lower parts of the Ridge and when the horrible, horrible thing - whatever it was - seemed far enough not to do her any damage. Only then did she stop and fell to the ground, panting hard and trying to recover from what had just happened.
Messages In This Thread
I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Pump - March 20, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by RIP Bayou - March 20, 2014, 04:13 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Ragnar - March 20, 2014, 08:02 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Kennedy - March 20, 2014, 08:10 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Pump - March 21, 2014, 04:03 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Ragnar - March 22, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Kennedy - March 22, 2014, 07:43 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Pump - March 23, 2014, 03:56 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Ragnar - March 24, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Kennedy - March 25, 2014, 08:51 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Pump - March 27, 2014, 02:11 PM
RE: I don't trust mountains [Mini-plot] - by Ragnar - March 28, 2014, 07:11 AM