Sleeping Dragon i could feel it from the start, couldn't stand to be apart
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
All Welcome 
Perhaps encouraged (one way or the other) by Gyda's visit, the fleimkepa decided to try to stop feeling sorry for herself— at least for the day. Her wounds were still healing, slowed by the lack of fresh red meat or healer, and she was far weaker than she had ever been. If she were to remain listless in her den, Magpie would be accepting and even inviting her death. It was a small pilot light in her breast, but the desire to continue living was there and enough to get her moving despite her injuries.

It was slow going. Her hind leg limped, and her muscles were unused to the movement. Her ribs still felt bruised, and she paused often to regain her breath— for she needed to breath shallowly, else risk a lancing pain that radiated from her side to her spine.

She had no destination or goal in mind. Her focus was only on this step, and then the next. It was a meditation of sorts, something that could consume her focus so that she needn't address the deeper psychological injuries.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread