Shimmering Sands let me be your killer king
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
sorry this took me a hot minute to respond to... i wanted to match how great your post was

Warsaw was falling.

With the Cairn children having abandoned their homeland in search of the world that Skellige had found, their islands would be left without the most crucial members of their family. One of the surrounding packs would find out soon enough, and they would send their finest to the borders of the islands in hopes of discovering a weak point. The Cairn family would rule no more on those shores, of that he was certain. There was a piece of him that was proud of their fall, and another part of him that knew if he still belonged on their waters, they would hold the islands for years to come.

The wraith was forced to leave the thoughts of Warsaw and to contemplate his moves for claiming the land that sat beside Donnelaith. There was a nervousness in his mind, like a ticking clock, telling him that if he did not go forward and speak to the rulers of the forest, instead of the quiet pearl, that he would be denied access to claim beside them. While he had much to offer, it would not surprise him if they thought it a threat to have another pack so close to their own. He was gaining bodies, though, and would soon be a force to be reckoned with. Should he stake his claim and they did not want him there, he feared he would have to retaliate somehow; all alliances would have to be forsaken until Deirdre took the throne.

Skellige moved to keep himself busy throughout the day; he found the surrounding land to be enjoyable enough, though not as secluded or safe as the bay. He hadn’t the need to search for prey beyond the ocean water, but the silver-ribbed titan was not opposed to eating creatures that roamed the lands. With the famine fading, and the green having returned, it was likely that he would not struggle to catch sight of the larger prey animals while on the hunt.

It was a different creature that he saw, though, as he trailed the land over the sands. He had thought the brightly coated granules to have been a good potential home, should the bay not have worked. It had bothered him that the only surrounding land was the small patch of trees that belonged to the wood not too far away. He did not want to find himself in the thick of trees; he needed the breath of salt and the sound of the waves against the shore. There was little protection on the coast of the shimmering sands; he would not bring his wolves there to live in the open with the potential for attack.

A stranger’s scent mingled with that of the weeds in the water and the saline of the ocean caught the attention of the great wraith. His brows furrowed tightly over his eyes and he peered across the sands until a sharp figure caught his optics and held their attention for a quiet moment.

The wolf was sprawled in the sand with only a gentle rise and fall of his chest to suggest that he had not perished near the water. Skellige watched him for a moment longer before he took a few steps forward, head low to the earth. The hackles along his back and spine seemed to prickle with unease at the sight of the man in the sands. With tightly knitted brows, the titan appeared as a looming shadow on the brightly painted shoreline. The ink of his pelt stood out among the pale grains of sand. Closer he drew until he could partake in the scent of this strange wolf, but he did not seem to be allied with any of the packs nearby.

“What are you doing?” the wraith hissed through yellowed fangs. His eyes were locked with the male and he found himself growing far more curious than he was wary. Still, he did not know this brood, and he was not likely to trust the beast simply because he enjoyed leisure in the sand. So he would demand an answer.  
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
let me be your killer king - by Tetsubō - June 26, 2016, 01:38 PM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Skellige - June 29, 2016, 05:25 PM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Tetsubō - June 30, 2016, 04:12 PM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Skellige - July 02, 2016, 04:18 AM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Tetsubō - July 07, 2016, 12:56 AM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Skellige - July 07, 2016, 02:40 AM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Tetsubō - July 07, 2016, 04:38 AM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Skellige - July 07, 2016, 02:37 PM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Tetsubō - July 07, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: let me be your killer king - by Skellige - July 08, 2016, 02:37 PM