Stavanger Bay her early leaf's a flower
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
By now, the little woman was sure of the life that bloomed within her. She'd been suffering a mother's stomach, though like Hind before her, it was not so severe as affect other shewolves in her condition. Still, her maternal instincts only grew with the progression of her pregnancy, and although some might've cast out any children that were not of their brood, Doe could only see Qilaq as her daughter. Without thinking, she snuffed her nose down the growing girl's back, checking her over for signs of ailment even as she prepared to cast her into the Wickedness.

It was hard to remind herself that this was for the best; that it was necessary - especially when her girl was so happy to see her, so trusting and enthusiastic even as Doe continued to exude the serious nature of this important ritual. Serious as she was about the Drop, she did not rebuke her daughter for her joy. There would be reason enough for joy afterward, after all. And, if there was not, this may well be the last time Doe would experience the happiness of Quill. The thought pained her, but it was a reality that they would have to face.

"Walk with me, Lamb," she said kindly, smoothing a kiss of her own over the darkling's brow. Together, they made their way to the Eastern Arm - the tall, black arm of cliffs that protected them from westward winds. The climb was an easy one, as the natural shelves provided convenient stepping stones to the top of the cliff, but Doe took it slowly all the same. Her heart was heavy, but she hoped to make Qilaq's light. "You will fly today, Qilaq," she said, looking down at the pitch-colored youth. Doe didn't know exctly how old she was, but she was nearing her den-mother in size, by now. "We will reach the top of the cliff, and you will fly into the Sea. And because you are strong, she will carry you back to the shore. But you must remember - "

By now, they had reached the top of the cliffs, and a gentle wind was ruffling the beta's fur. She shivered at the slight chill, noticing for the first time that the hair on her belly must already be thinning, but pushed aside such distractions in favor of focusing on her daughter. She lowered herself to the girl's level - not so far down, anymore - and let her eyes bore into Qilaq's. "You must remember to swim. To come toward me. I will call for you, and you will hear my voice. And you will come."

She did not ask if the girl understood. It seemed to Doe that she understood very little, and if these words were lost on her as well, there was nothing that the young mother could do.

Raising her muzzle, she howled for @Szymon and for @Skellige, knowing that anyone else who heard her call would know what was occuring on this day. She hoped they would keep their distance, at least until her daughter surfaced once more.
PP to get them up there; kind of trying to hurry this along. As ever, just let me know if I need to change anything, and I will do so at once <3
Messages In This Thread
her early leaf's a flower - by Doe - September 17, 2016, 09:42 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Qilaq - September 18, 2016, 08:55 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Doe - September 18, 2016, 10:44 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Szymon - September 26, 2016, 08:22 AM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Qilaq - October 01, 2016, 09:12 AM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Doe - October 01, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Qilaq - October 07, 2016, 10:54 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Szymon - October 09, 2016, 08:56 AM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Doe - October 09, 2016, 08:29 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Qilaq - October 14, 2016, 10:57 PM
RE: her early leaf's a flower - by Szymon - October 14, 2016, 11:44 PM