Stavanger Bay i'm a gambling man, pol
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Private 
for @Chusi !

He was spending more and more time in the forest nestled between two towering mountains, where the tall sequoias secreted a sweet, red sap like bloody tears. It was dark, but it was fortified, protected, and the more time the melanistic coywolf spend in the territories' confines the more he knew that it was where his Teaghlaigh would build their empire. His mother had told him many times, long ago, to never settle for what he wanted but this was not settling. The Ravensblood Forest was a logical location — self-sustaining — and the towering lookout spires on either side of it offered invaluable protection from others. Mentally, Arturo mapped out the forest once more as he walked the sands of Stavanger Bay, that the borders that would need the heaviest guard would be the eastern and western borders. The proximity to Blackrock Depths was prime as well, putting the aligned packs close for the benefit of one another.

Yes. Despite the Ceannasach's logical and calm demeanor he could feel the excitement, the pride to stake his claim rise strong within him. It was almost child-like the giddiness that tickled at him. A feeling he had not experienced in quite some time. The morning was humid, though the salty breeze rolling off the ocean was enough to keep the gangster pleasantly cool. Soon autumn would be upon them and not too far after would roll in winter. Arturo knew he needed to move, needed not to dawdle too long. Thankfully, Arturo had never been an idle man. Once he had a plan he begun to put it into motion and the gangster had no intention of sitting on this.

It was the strong scent of Donnelaith that drew the gangster out of his planning, startling him into the realization that unintentionally he was close to their borders. His steps ceased and he bowed his head to inhale their scents, having met a few of them recently but otherwise had done his best to stay clear of their borders. For a moment, the gangster thought of the small child: Chusi and the lovely bard wondering if it would be imprudent to ask to see them. The child Arturo understood: she had unintentionally triggered all of his paternal instincts having been too dormant in his time away from his children and their rejection of his “fathering” in their adulthood. The woman bard was another matter entirely though he was quick to brush it off as the simple fact that Arturo'd always held a great appreciation for beauty. Yes, surely that was it. He appreciated her beauty, and the spell her mesmerizing voice had left upon him. A soft scoff was given to himself before he turned and looked back to the long stretch of what seemed like endless beach before him though he did not immediately begin his trek back the way he'd came, lingering for a few minutes longer.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 20, 2016, 03:27 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 09:21 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 01:18 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 21, 2016, 02:20 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 21, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Arturo - September 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: i'm a gambling man, pol - by Chusi - September 22, 2016, 02:55 PM