Totoka River Meet me near the water's edge
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
This looked lonely. Mind if we bump the date up to be current? :P I'm playing it like he hasn't been to WGI yet because not much has happened in that thread and I don't want to assume anything. But! Maybe this could count as an Outrider thread or something since he's kind of watching, if you don't mind? @Blue Willow :o

<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

It was suspicions and assumptions alone that drove Ragnar to extend his patrols, though he breathed no word of it to his fellow wardens just yet, to accompany the long stretch of sea and shore; just as it was suspicions now that drove the savage into the wilds of the Totoka River. They were not apart of Horizon Ridge’s lands but the River was close, a bordering territory and gave Ragnar some leeway to keep his eye on the Isle in the short distance watching for signs of pack life, tracking the scents that trampled carelessly to and fro the shore. If there was one thing Ragnar inherently did not believe in it was coincidence and it put him on the literal edge to hold the knowledge of what he assumed was a newly formed pack close to him without raising alarm. The simple fact was suspicion and the dark stirring, the foreboding feeling in his feral instincts did not suffice as tangible evidence to support his would be claim. Still, he watched, he observed, he waited.

His explorations did not yet take him too far from Horizon Ridge’s borders for the simple fact that his children were still too young, and more to the point Ragnar had yet to perform the Rite of Birth that would allow the other wolves of the Ridge to assist in their upbringing — though Ragnar’s conditions and terms were steadfast and nonnegotiable. If a problem was held against Ragnar’s terms then they did not have to have anything to do with the Ridge’s first litter. It would not bother the colossal Viking in any way; neither would it serve to hurt his feelings considering Ragnar didn’t care enough to consider anything as attaching and emotionally vulnerable as feelings. As far as Ragnar was concerned Thistle and him could handle raising their children on their own.

Ragnar had been an single father once upon a time and while Týr had not been a newborn, infant, or any variation of a toddler he had been difficult enough in his own way suffering from the severe memory loss that had occurred when he had injured his head in the capture. Raising a teenager with no recollection of who or what he was had been measurably hard (though Ragnar had had Floki’s help with it). Ragnar gave a small shake of his head to dispel those thoughts, a pack scent trickling his way causing his hackles to bristle, the thick muscles beneath his scarred pelt tensing as his eyes scoured the lands ferociously, lips curling back as he bared his teeth in consideration until a stronger whiff blew his way and he took a small moment to analyze it. The scent was familiar enough and easily recognizable as non hostile. It belonged to Blue Willow, Blacktail Deer Plateau’s Beta. In the small journey the two had taken together Ragnar had gotten to know her — not what he would consider well but it was enough. Easily he altered his path, though he had not forgotten his original purpose in going to the Totoka River, soon catching her familiar ebony pelt near the River's nearest bank.

The Northman let out a chuff of greeting as he approached wondering what brought her out this way.

Messages In This Thread
Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - April 10, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 02, 2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 02, 2014, 09:28 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 04, 2014, 06:35 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 04, 2014, 11:00 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 05, 2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 10, 2014, 09:49 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 13, 2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 13, 2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 15, 2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 16, 2014, 11:58 AM