Silver Creek I can tell you where I'm going but don't ask where I've been
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
The days had stretched on and on, winding and endless in the passage of time. Truly, Dagfinn had no idea how long it'd been since he'd met and courted Amber in the river (Too long, he thought, too long...), but his wanderings had eventually led him in the direction he knew her borders to be in.

Burke's assurances had kept him away, at first. He'd wanted to believe that leaving Amber on her own would be - maybe not the right thing, but - an acceptable thing to do. His conscience, though, had convinced him otherwise, and it was time to face the music. Time to see if anything had truly come of their close encounter. Time to follow up on all those promises he'd made to her, that lovely, dark-furred, blue-eyed girl....

Truly, it was not so bad a fate. To have a life filled with youth and laughter, to have a beautiful woman to stand by - their days apart had taught him that his future was bright, and it was right for him to go to her, whatever Burke seemed to believe. He was going to do the right thing.

When he reached the borders of Silver Creek, Dagfinn howled without fear in his voice, without reservation. With a jolt, he realized he was excited to see her mate once again, and excited to see what changes pregnancy had wrought on her body. He was excited to be a father, and he was happy.
Messages In This Thread
I can tell you where I'm going but don't ask where I've been - by Dagfinn - October 02, 2016, 12:45 PM