Stone Circle Best I ever had
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She repeated his question, which he found to be a bit odd, and her voice changed. He studied her, trying to figure out why the sudden discrepancy in her tone, but it didn't sound like she was necessarily mocking him. An apology came next, and he gave a soft, albeit confused, smile to her. She explained where she was from, and it seemed that she wasn't from any neighboring packs. That mostly settled his worry there. What's Tortuga? he asked. He didn't much care about the scuffles—maybe they could spar?[/mdash]but he didn't want to know who she had gotten into them with.

He was just about to accept her into the pack when she asked how he came about being the Alpha here. His facial features visibly fell, tightened with the memory of his brother. He didn't really feel like getting into the detail of it. I was next in line, he answered. It was true enough. If Mason had been here, Steady would most likely still be Beta. But, it was not how things had worked out. Hoping to head off any more questions, he added quickly. You're welcome here, at Easthollow, as long as you do your share. We consider each other family, not just pack mates. Let me know if you need anything, he offered. He wouldn't just leave, however, and waited to make sure she didn't have any other questions, hopefully not pertaining to how he came about his rein. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Best I ever had - by Itch - October 13, 2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Best I ever had - by Steady - October 13, 2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Best I ever had - by Itch - October 13, 2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Best I ever had - by Steady - October 13, 2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Best I ever had - by Itch - October 13, 2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Best I ever had - by Steady - October 14, 2016, 06:41 PM