Blackfeather Woods i am the unspoken
stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls
3 Posts
Ooc — Tori
hehe, thank you! <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
The first to greet him, to Vex's utter surprise was a child. A boy. Couldn't be older than two or three months old. Certainly not old enough to be wandering alone, even within his own territory. Yet there the boy stood, an image of smoke and baby blues, silent and staring at him intensely. It was a look that would have unsettled him if he wasn't ...well Vex. His parents made the most unlikely pair and he, he was a beast born of superstitions. Dark magics had given him shape and form. He was Sos' will. And if it was not the Dark Father than some other deity, surely. It was his birthday, to many a day that simply meant a year older. The day was sacrosanct and he fed off the power of All Hallow's Eve. Perhaps it was a fancy of his imagination, surely all in his head but he felt good about this. In which way it would manifest itself he had yet to know. Time, soon, would tell.

As the boy seemed content just to stare, Vex stared back not wanting to break the silence if silence was what made the child comfortable. Silence could communicate plenty, an art well practiced by his siblings and he. His attention was claimed by another child — of the same age, this one a girl — approached next, bolder than whom he presumed to be her brother. She demanded something of him in a tongue that he did not know, only to be silenced a moment later by an adult — likely the children's mother. Glacial gaze lifted from the daughter to the mother, keeping his eyes averted from her own out of the natural respect desired by their species.

The command to speak was spoke in an icy, demanding voice. Ungentle and unkind. “Is this the part where I bark and you say good boy?” A boyish smirk tugged at the edges of Vex's lips as he contemplated that this was likely one of the worst times for his wit. She was all business and the boy still staring at him was all business. This wasn't his family, and for a moment the king of thieves had brazenly forgotten. Or perhaps he didn't. His wit and cynicism was his armor. He drew in a breath and slicked his ears back to his skull. He wasn't trying to be disrespectful. His wit and cynicism was just who he was and he'd been taught growing up that he shouldn't ever apologize for being himself (which tended to get him into more trouble, usually). “Before you tear into my throat, that was... it was stupid,” It was as about as close to an apology as he was ever going to give, admittedly. “Going forth with the assumption that I didn't just royally fu-,” He caught the word before it slipped out of his mouth, sparing a glimpse at the two young children before him he cleared his throat. “-fudge up, my name is Vex.” But he paused there to gauge the woman's reaction for if he was going to be chased from her lands there was nothing smart about revealing information that would only be disregarded.
[/td][/tr][/table]
and ask the g h o s t s if honor matters
the s i l e n c e is your answer
Messages In This Thread
i am the unspoken - by Vex RIP - October 31, 2016, 03:24 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Abraxas - October 31, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nocturnal - October 31, 2016, 04:11 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nemesis - October 31, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Vex RIP - October 31, 2016, 05:01 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Abraxas - October 31, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nocturnal - October 31, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nemesis - November 03, 2016, 08:34 PM