Blackfeather Woods i am the unspoken
stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls
3 Posts
Ooc — Tori
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Vex knew the exact point in which he had miscalculated. He could see it clearly, like a splotch of color against a black and white backdrop. It dripped crimson against the stark monochrome of his other words, staring him in the face. Even if he'd thought it had been funny. Clearly, humor wasn't her thing; but he was painfully his father's son and sarcasm and asshole syndrome had not skipped him. She snarled that it hadn't been stupid but instead childish. It was on the tip of his tongue to come back with something sassy about being a teenager and what did she expect but as he rather liked living and breathing bit lightly down on his tongue to keep from retaliating. This wasn't Thief River Falls and his silver albeit scathing tongue would find him in an early grave if he didn't learn to reel it in. Vex didn't think it was right. It was who he was ...why did he want to be apart of something that required he change? Sarcasm wasn't everyone's cup of tea but so what?

“Well, I'm not really the boot licker type, anyway,” Vex said with a shrug. He didn't believe in blind obedience. If they wanted a “yes ma'am” type then he definitely wasn't it, and he wasn't going to rewrite his entire personality because he happened to enjoy sarcasm and mind games. He knew the problem was that he challenged authority and he doubted there was a pack in these Wilds that would put up with it. Yet, wasn't that nature? There had to be challengers to the grand design. He had no interest in any type of leadership position, but he had opinions and he wouldn't stifle them just to fit in somewhere. “So it's the utterly complacent, voiceless and ignorantly blind that you leaders seek as followers?” Because why? Because there was no challenge? But without challenges how could one even know they were a worthy leader? Because one, important wolf said so and gave said leader a shiny badge of promotion? Because they pissed on some borders and put some effort into the pack? Then again, Vex enjoyed a good challenge in life so he could not understand how others did not. He did not live under the idea that life was strictly mapped out to be one way and so thus it was — he rode it for the thrill/haunted house/scary ass motherfucker ride that it was.

She turned her back to him, inviting him in, beckoning to him with a commanding “Come”. Given her little spiel moments ago about having no use for him he was instantly suspicious, the guard hairs prickling at his nape. Oh fuck no. He simply stared after her, eyes flicking to her children before they moved back to her. A lumbering shadow of an apparition flitted across his mind's eye, two burning eyes boring into him. “Follow.” The Dark Father commanded, his voice deep and terrifying, like the earth cracking in two. For as long as Vex could remember he'd always been able to “see” and at times “hear” Sos — the colossal polar bear draped in a coat that was shadows manifested. Ira had told him of the God Bears shortly after he'd expressed about the nightmarish creature that haunted his dreams and rarer yet, when he was awake.

Obedient to the only thing that had every truly frightened him, Vex found himself taking steps over the borders as he followed her, mindful of the young children wondering if they would tag along and if their mother was taking him to his death.
[/td][/tr][/table]
and ask the g h o s t s if honor matters
the s i l e n c e is your answer
Messages In This Thread
i am the unspoken - by Vex RIP - October 31, 2016, 03:24 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Abraxas - October 31, 2016, 04:00 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nocturnal - October 31, 2016, 04:11 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nemesis - October 31, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Vex RIP - October 31, 2016, 05:01 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Abraxas - October 31, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nocturnal - October 31, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: i am the unspoken - by Nemesis - November 03, 2016, 08:34 PM