Ravensblood Forest and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Family meeting! First round ends in one week (11/12/2016). I'm thinking maybe 3-4 rounds max? For the sake of not having this meeting be horrendously long I pp'd that all of The Family arrived so Arturo could start his monstrous monologue. ;p @Furiosa , @Isley , @Palisander , @Olive , @Cam , @Chusi

[table width=85%][tr][td]
The Family came to his call. Arturo settled upon his haunches at the proverbial head of the table, his gaze sweeping over all of them with a strong sense of pride. He inhaled deeply as they settled themselves before his salmon pink tongue drew across his jowls once. There was a lot to cover in this meeting. “Alright, everyone's here,” He did a mental head count, naming them off. The two Comhlach's were absent but this was how it went. They were not officially apart of The Family and as Associates they were kept in the dark of the inner workings of The Family. “To get this family meeting started on a good note, a congratulations goes to Isley and Palisander who are Teaghlaigh's first mated pair,” He offered the pair a warm smile, his tail wagging against the bracken forest floor. “Chusi has been promoted to the rank of Oidhre. She has become my official apprentice,” groomed to become a someday leader, should she not fail. He had faith that she would do just fine and with his guidance she might surpass him one day. “For those that may not be aware Furiosa is our Póilín — my right hand and red herring. She has been such since she joined us but as to keep her role as my red herring among us I've waited until the Family meeting to come forward publicly with it.”

He hated speeches. But there was much to cover and it would launch him into a monologue. In some ways, Arturo dreaded it. “As I have expressed with a few,” Namely Isley but he didn't want to single out his impeccable trust of her. “I have some breeding rules. I'm not a hard man to get along with,” A cheeky grin was given to that. He supposed the opinions on that differed from wolf to wolf, but as he liked to believe it to be truth he stated as such. “but I will not tolerate pregnancies I have not given permission for. You come seek my permission before you breed. If you do not come to me first I will deal out consequences based on the case. I do not ever want to make the choice of taking life of the innocent or having to disassociate anyone from this Family but you all should know I take Teaghlaigh's survival seriously. Pups are taxing for the parents and the pack. So do yourself and me the favor and come seek my permission first, eh?” His gaze swept over all of them. “I turned down a woman at our borders a few days ago who had been in her estrus cycle and had allowed a male to take her before seeking to join us. I do not take risks when it comes to Teaghlaigh.” And he would enforce the rule The Family before All Else as he expected them all to do.

“Which brings me to my next matter. We will decide upon it as a Family so I encourage each of you to weigh in your opinion on this as I have not made a decision either way. It affects all of us," He rose to his paws then, unable to stay still. His tail lashed behind him, his expression contemplative. “I've always conformed to the idea that once apart of The Family, always apart of The Family. I understand that our paths sometimes diverge, but if you've noticed one is missing from our meeting,” He spoke of Aster, of course, though he was not overly sure how many of them knew her. “Aster has left us for a pack not far from us. Not one that I am familiar with, I did not recognize the scent upon her coat. She left us for her pregnant cousin,” It should have been a noble cause so then, why did it burn him so? “I am not sure how to proceed with what should become of her place among us. She did not talk to me about it, did not try to first settle on alternatives. She simply came back and told me she was leaving, her mind made up. So now I ask you, as a Family, what are your opinions of this? Should she be welcomed back as apart of The Family if she should ever come back? Or is she banished from us and our territories?” Perhaps he was the only one that felt slighted, like their loyalty to her meant nothing. Was a thing that could so easily be traded in with an assurance that she could come back whenever she felt like it. It had been abundantly clear to him that she had made up her mind and thus even when he mentioned visitation rights as a chance to get her discuss alternatives she had not addressed them. He did not want to welcome her back, personally, but he would go with what they decided.

It was here that Arturo gave pause, gave them the chance to process what he had thrown at them, and to decide how they felt about Aster's abandonment. He expected each of them to offer him their opinion, their perspective, and he was willing to listen, was willing to admit that he was wrong in feeling slighted if that was the consensus. There was much yet to discuss, and to allow Isley to give her demonstrations but one matter at a time. The purpose of the family meetings was to allow everyone their voice and so Arturo deigned to listen.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 08:03 AM