Silver Creek Operation Parlez Vous
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He turned to greet the woman with his tail waving. He offered her a grin that soon widened further as she spoke to him in French and he understood. His smile was devilish, obviously pleased with himself. "Bonjour Natashe. Je suis magnifique. Comment allez-vous?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her once he finished, smiling all the while. He felt their friendship growing as they worked on his language, and he was pleased to feel close to another in Silver Creek, even if it worried him.

"Mon français s'aliore, ouais?" The middle word, though he knew what he wanted to say was butchered. He could tell by the way his tongue felt around it. He rolled his eyes and laughed at himself. "Spoke too soon, I suppose. Honest opinion, though, how'd I do?" He was constantly seeking her honest evaluation on how he spoke it. He wanted to know if he sucked, or if he should try to move his tongue a certain way or whatever. He knew Spring would likely be impressed he could speak french at all...but he was Heston. He wanted to actually be good at it.

He was glad, too, that he and Natashe were growing closer. Eventually he'd need to ask about the romance-y words. That would be embarrassing with someone who wasn't a friend, but what good would speaking Spring's language be if he couldn't whisper sweet nothings at her? He also wanted to know the curse words, but he wasn't sure Natashe would be okay with that. She had made him promise over his use of the language after all, did curse words count?
In the first sentence, he means to say he is wonderful and instead says he is beautiful. The second he simply messes up pronuciation.

Translations for those who don't speak French since I'm not fancy enough to figure out the hovering way haha 

"Bonjour Natashe. Je suis magnifique/merveilleux. Comment allez-vous?" = Hello Natashe. I am beautiful/wonderful. How are you?" 

"Mon français s'améliore, ouais?" = My french is getting better, yeah?
Messages In This Thread
Operation Parlez Vous - by Heston - December 20, 2016, 06:27 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Natashe - December 21, 2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Heston - December 21, 2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Natashe - December 22, 2016, 12:32 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Heston - December 29, 2016, 06:37 PM