Silver Creek Operation Parlez Vous
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He didn't really understand her laughter, but took it as a sign of pleasure at her wonderful teaching skills. Her next words brought a tilted head and furrowed brow however. Had she said he was pretty? How was that a reply? Her confirmation of his improvement was enough to distract him from questioning it further though, and a lopsided grin slid across his face. It soon slid away as she explained.

"Oh," He grumped, disappointed in himself but still a good sport. He lifted his muzzle skywards haughtily with a toss of his head. "Well, it wasn't a lie at the least." He was playing of course, though his errors always frustrated him a great deal. He mouthed the replacement word for beautiful to himself a few times. He nodded in reply to her reassurance. He wasn't so worried about pronunciation. Even if he bumbled through something it was typically understandable. It was when he picked the wrong words that he really messed up.

Her comment about moving onto romance dispelled any inward self-disappointment he might have had. His interest peaked. Her first word startled him a little though. He wasn't prepared to call his feelings for Spring love, it scared him to think it might be possible. He knew she wasn't implying that he did, of course, but was offering him an easy romantic phrase. He recovered himself easily, hiding any hint of his surprise or sudden fear.

He listened to the word roll off her tongue. It was easier to mimic the sound as he'd been learning. "Je t'amie." His own pronunciation pleased him, but she had said it was an easy one. "So if I wanted to call someone beautiful, would I use the word I used before? Magnifique? Or is it specific to the phrasing with it?" He knew many words could change their meanings depending on when you used them. Not an entire meaning, of course, but there was a difference between saying you were happy and elated.
Messages In This Thread
Operation Parlez Vous - by Heston - December 20, 2016, 06:27 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Natashe - December 21, 2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Heston - December 21, 2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Natashe - December 22, 2016, 12:32 PM
RE: Operation Parlez Vous - by Heston - December 29, 2016, 06:37 PM