Northstar Vale my mind, my gun, they comfort me
the last genuine mystery
172 Posts
Ooc — kae
Private 
@Witchhazel first, then @Asterr whenever you think it's appropriate! PP on Witch, let me know if I should tweak.

Starbuck did not wait long the night of the fire. When none responded she turned away, tears in her eyes. She was all that remained. Her and this child, this miserable wretch, burned beyond recognition. Starbuck found herself relatively uninjured, save for the severe burns to her paws and face. There was pain, yes, pain beyond that she had ever experienced. But there was much to be thankful for. She had fled with her life, and with that of the child. She fled to the mountains, where the wind and the stars would speak loudest to her. She would need their help to save the child.

Only in the light of day was Starbuck able to identify the girl as Witchhazel, and in putting a name to the girl a fresh wave of sorrow. She remembered meeting the girl, whole and hale. She remembered the Sentinels, a safe haven. She did not remember Deirdre, for the grief threatened to overhwlem her, and how could she continue then?

Days later found them in the mountains. Her paws protested each step and her neck ached each night from carrying Witchhazel, and her heart was heavy with loss and with the knowledge that she might still lose the girl. 

She came upon a vale as the light began to wane, and made for the cover of the bare trees. She found shelter beneath an evergreen and set Witchhazel down, murmuring softly as she checked the girl over. We will stay the night here, my dear, she said. If she left the girl here she could go out and look for food, or for something to soothe their pains. There was little the winter would give them, but Starbuck could hope.
[Image: counselor.gif] 1/5[Image: caretaker.gif]2/5 or [Image: outrider.gif]2/5
Messages In This Thread
my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Starbuck - December 31, 2016, 12:22 PM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Witchhazel - January 01, 2017, 08:47 PM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Asterr - January 03, 2017, 11:45 AM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Starbuck - January 03, 2017, 08:33 PM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Asterr - January 06, 2017, 02:34 AM