The Sentinels the salty seas behind the eyes
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
ackk sorry about the wait

Indie knew these petrified, burnt woods well. She knew the muted crunch of ash against her toes, easily recognized the spiced scent of charcoal in her sensitive nares. Yes, she knew the forest well but only through what she could ascertain through her five senses. That might have been why she loved these timbers so; their pasts had been obliterated, completely erased, slowly to be eroded down further and scattered across the oceans. Something that must have once been so mighty was now… nothing. There was some prophetical meaning behind that, but Indie couldn’t really unearth what exactly that meaning was: but it made her feel good and Indie liked to feel good. Indie was a thinker, but she hadn’t been born a thinker [instead trained and brought up to think of strategy as a second language] and at her heart, the vaudevillian was a hedonist and would chase feeling good until the day she died.

Indie liked the incinerated forest because she saw herself reflected in those ashes. Like these times, she was someone who capable of break themselves down to their essential elements only to rebuild later, into something completely different. It was a beautiful pattern of chaos. Seeing and feeling this in the sentinels made her feel… less alone.

Indie swung her head to look at Akantha and could not help but noticed that the woman was just as engrossed in their milieu as she was. Indie liked Akantha — liked her seriousness. She reminded Indie a lot of Donovan: veiled, austere, and not without talent. So when the Matriarch offered to talk the simple mummer under her wing, Indie could not help but grin. Indie was certain that she could have found no better cicerone to show her the fantastic way of the Nereides“Oh Akantha,” Indie exclaimed sincerely, breathlessly “Thank you.”

“Please consider me at the Nereides service. — if there’s any I may be useful to you or your ladies, you need only ask.” The dark girl had slowed her gait to a stop, for emphasis. “I don’t seek to simply take; I want give what I can.”
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
Messages In This Thread
the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - January 30, 2017, 04:23 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - January 31, 2017, 09:11 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 01, 2017, 10:50 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 05, 2017, 09:43 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 06, 2017, 05:14 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 09, 2017, 10:54 AM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 14, 2017, 02:39 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 20, 2017, 02:58 PM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Akantha - February 23, 2017, 01:06 AM
RE: the salty seas behind the eyes - by Indie - February 28, 2017, 10:54 PM