Golden Glade saw the deer before it saw me,
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
In his attempt at routine, it always settled most comfortably with tracking but to his growing frustration, he could not seem to ever get a good grip on the deer trails around the Glade. Somehow, they always stayed one step ahead of him, or moved further away than he was willing to travel at the time with the snows still pretty deep in some spots. He was warming up to their games, though, even if as with everything lately, the dark Ostrega was taking his time.

This morning felt no different, and he didn't feel like he was really on his best at the start; his head felt awfully cluttery and overfull. He reasoned it would take some time to get that sensation off him for the day, so maybe, he wasn't really paying attention when suddenly very fresh deer prints were dotting the snow underfoot. This got him focusing better, a bit, so the lean yearling slid into a trot.

Finding them didn't take long but as just one wolf, he stilled and laid low to observe. Just one adult male was all he could see from here.. the best cover he could find, but tracks said at least three had been through. Worth keeping in mind.

His mouth watered but he stayed dedicated and motionless. The deer was soon looking at his direction, though, and Silas was a bit surprised; he'd been so quiet and he was so secretly confident in his abilities here but this did allow him to notice something else: the deer's noticeably glassy eye. The tracker narrowed his own back at it, unsure if it was a glare hitting it just right or not. After a few long moments of held breath, Silas got up and began to leave in the opposite direction. Again.. worth keeping in mind.

Before, he had always looked to Stark when faced with manners such as these. While their caches around here were, by no means, lacking, he couldn't help but crave the good, fresh stuff that needed strong, able bodies to rally down properly without incident. But he didn't know how.. pack hunts should go down here. He was not yet confident enough in his fellows, or even  knowledgeable in their abilities, to take the earnest lead here. Baby steps, and maybe he could be, but Silas was mortified at his still-lingering wariness when it came to every wolf around him except one. He'd have to change that for there to be any chance.

He ducked low and skulked on through the forest, wondering who could even be found first.
Messages In This Thread
saw the deer before it saw me, - by Silas - February 15, 2017, 01:52 PM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Tapat - February 16, 2017, 08:26 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Silas - February 17, 2017, 02:25 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Tapat - February 19, 2017, 10:11 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Silas - February 20, 2017, 01:36 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Tapat - February 20, 2017, 04:27 PM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Silas - February 24, 2017, 12:32 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Tapat - March 04, 2017, 04:56 PM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Silas - March 08, 2017, 03:41 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Tapat - March 09, 2017, 04:00 AM
RE: saw the deer before it saw me, - by Silas - March 12, 2017, 04:33 PM