Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Apologies for the wait; lost my muse for a bit
[table width=80%][tr][td]
The entire time he spoke, she kept a focused expression on her features, not at all disguising how she curiously hung on his every word. It didn’t surprise her when he said Blue Syren had no hierarchy — again, with what she had been taught about packs, she didn’t expect there to be such a sophisticated set up, just a bunch of wolves running around and claiming themselves to be a group. The mention of a council was a little surprising, but then again, she did suppose that even a pack needed some form of leadership. There would’ve been some form of a council in her kingdom as well, composed of the royals and the law enforcers as she had been informed, but… she pushed the thought aside, already feeling a pang in her heart towards the prospect of what would’ve been. This wasn't about her past. Focus. Blue Syren. Blue Syren…

Then he softly mentioned being an heir, and the pang forcibly returned. Now that did take her by surprise, though, not because she thought them to be the same exactly. Yes, they were similar, but a princess and a common blooded heir to a little pack were not the same thing… Rather, she was surprised that this was yet another instance in which a stranger knew her pain… Knew what it felt like to be promised something, like a kingdom or pack, and lost it… Granted, she didn’t know the exact details of Embry’s leaving (maybe he didn't lose anything), for he was intentionally vague about it, but who simply gave up their home? Besides, it was his vagueness that told her it was no cheery tale; something had happened. She wouldn’t pry, for she wouldn’t want him prying into her business, but knowing that he might share her pain caused her attitude to shift, the girl now regarding him with a shred more of respect. Similar, at least...

Next, as she’d inquired, he spoke of Broken Antler Fen, pushing aside his memories of Blue Syren with a shrug. He claimed it to be a good pack for foreigners, strangers, and that gave her some hope. Though she knew these lands better than she had before, a good portion of them (almost all of it really) was still strange and foreign to her… He made it sound like this pack would be tolerant of such naivety, a good place for those that didn't know what to do or where to go, and that put it high up on the list of possible future homes she was making. Her only true responsibility, according to an ex member at least, was to work hard, and, admittedly, she held some reservations about that. What more could one expect from a princess that had never worked a day in her life? Still… Working, letting go of her title, marching to the beat of someone else’s drum… these were all things she’d have to get used to if she wanted to live in a pack, so it all just boiled down to whether she thought it was more important to be the queen of a lost kingdom and starve in the loner lands, or bite the bullet and lower herself to everyone else’s standards so she could actually live without worrying about the future.

That decision, she concluded, was for a different time. When she wasn’t in the middle of a conversation and beginning to sway on her feet from lack of rest. Now, her only task was to find a place… just take it one step at a time…

“I see…” she began slowly, her gaze cast down and seemingly focused on the damp furs of Embry’s chest, lost in thought. “I must admit, this concept of a ‘pack’ is very new to me, but… This ‘Broken Antler Fen’ sounds promising…” Her eyes widened a bit and they suddenly darted upward to meet his face, realizing she’d unintentionally given away her desire to settle down. It didn’t really matter that he knew (she probably would’ve eventually told him anyway), but it was like her tongue had taken a mind of its own, like it wanted Embry to know her plans for the future, her uncertainty. Stupid tongue. She awkwardly cleared her throat and sighed, casually tossing her gaze in the sea’s direction. Might as well explain herself.That is what’s been plaguing my mind as of late… I’ve been thinking about the future and I am trying to find a suitable home…” A short, sarcastic and almost bitter laugh scoffed from her throat as she looked back to him. “I, admittedly, didn’t think much before going out on my own…” The idea of ever having a choice simply made her laugh. She hadn’t chosen to be an orphan, to have everything stolen out from under her in one night. Running had been her only choice…

“Where is it? The Fen?” Her voice didn't sound desperate, just lazily curious. There was no guarantee this pack would be the right place, but it was a start.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM