Golden Glade Hit me with your best shot
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry tried to shake the nagging sense of guilt, suffucating his lungs and dimming his vision as he raced toward the carcass. She stopped. He thought with a brief sense of enamor. She thought I was going to kill her. Even before things had changed, he had harbored no intense need to kill. Mercy, all he'd ever longed for was some warmth from this inane weather. He felt as though he was in a tunnel, advancing towards the prized caribou subconciously; entranced.

He flinched at the female's sudden impact, staggering slightly as his body took the new weight into account. Muscles tensed, claws gripping deep into the earth. He grunted - it was all he could do to stifle the urge to howl in pain - as her fangs returned, more vigorous it seemed, into his flesh. This time, battered by emotions and exertion, he faltered in his step. He felt the soft, smooth release of her teeth in his skin and immediately pivoted. That's when her saw her eyes. His heart stopped; body shuddered. She looked... hurt. Not just physically, but also, it seemed, more deeply. Fur, Embry. His mind was playing tricks with his heart.

The pause was short, but hard to miss. He slammed his large paws against her, driving her hard into the ground with unintentional rigor. His teeth were bared once more, a snarl substituting the previous grin upon his face. This time he had her sideways, claws across her exposed belly, a wild anger in his normally steady sea-green gaze.

"What will it be, then? Do you want me to admit something? Is that what you're trying to do?" He couldn't control the mixture of fury and sudden, strange enamor that was rushing through his mind and body. She was so darn serene beneath him, just moments away from a love he surely could never attain. And then he spotted it, a gash across her hip, and his breath dwindled. His gaze softened and he was vulnerable, standing in confusion and utter disbelief. 

"What is this to you, then, if not to provide for your family - your pack? Undoubtedly, you'd like to show him that you're useful? Is that what it is?" Part of him wanted to rip her apart, and the other wanted to save her. Wanted to show her a better Embry - the one that would never have hit a girl. His voice had droned into a low whisper as he stood there, dazed from the pain and lost amidst swirling thoughts, so that his murmur was almost inaudible. "Why are you doing this to me?"
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
Hit me with your best shot - by Feyre - April 08, 2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Embry - April 08, 2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Feyre - April 08, 2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Embry - April 08, 2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Feyre - April 08, 2017, 10:36 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Embry - April 08, 2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Feyre - April 08, 2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Embry - April 08, 2017, 11:59 PM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Feyre - April 09, 2017, 12:49 AM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Embry - April 09, 2017, 01:07 AM
RE: Hit me with your best shot - by Feyre - April 09, 2017, 01:39 AM