Sun Mote Copse yesterday I hiked over a river that was not there
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry watched the female recoil and knew in his heart that there was more to the reaction than sheer instinct. 

She carries.

His eyes widened at the realization; the dense fog of action settling into lucidity within his sea-green gaze. Everything about her body language indicated a mother's vigilance. 

There were few instances in which Embry would ever submit. He could face peril nose-to-nose and hardly waver but to prepare himself for the fight. Indeed, only a paucity of the right combinations could draw the brute out of his adrenaline-induced state of war. However, Embry knew that no pleasure could be derived from the wresting of victory from an impregnated creature. Thus, his vigor fled in a single draft of the cool, wintry air; great, tawny chest heaving in the sudden stillness of night. His eyes swept the girl with no emotion, and ghosts spiralled eerily from his lips. He dipped his head curtly, and within moments his aureate pelage was drifting among the trees. He wished the pups well.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterday I hiked over a river that was not there - by Embry - December 31, 2018, 12:08 AM