King Elk Forest with baited breath
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
“I’d ask you to tell me your suspect but perhaps it is better I remain ignorant.” Burke and Malice had not given him a specific name and if Mato had it within his grasp he would not forget it, might even do something reckless and utter un-Mato like in a quest to knock arrogant whelp from pedestal. It is not for a child to dictate such thing and what sort of parents condone such behavior from their brats? Mato is not habitually aggressive ( passive or otherwise ) and he does not enjoy the swelling heat of his anger. It burns too much, threatens to consume if he does not temper it. “Grandfather and Malice are invaluable and though I wish the circumstances of their arrival were not how they’d been I am glad they are here.” The druid agrees with his sister’s words.

The empyrean’s sister makes a good point: that the disagreement between their father and grandfather is nothing relatively new and that it’s better Aerlinn see it all now before ….well. It was always good to be honest about things regardless of how humiliating it’d been. “Nevertheless they could have extended effort to be more polite to one another in her presence.” Mato does not necessarily begrudge the two their feud ( not that he’s overly sure why they squabble as they do ). “It was not exactly how I’d imagined taking her to meet the rest of our family to go.” Things rarely went how one imagined them, though and he knows this. “Only Benjamin,” The druid replies drawing in a soft breath and letting it fall from betwixt his lips in a sigh. “His reaction to everything was quite …childish. He became angry and ran off after Burke informed him that mother and you were not coming back.” As if their brother never grew up and though Mato feels guilt regarding it he’d been annoyed by his brother’s very childish behavior. He speaks the words with delicacy knowing that so easily his words could come off as rude. He doesn’t necessarily mean them as so but he also does not speak it as a compliment. His thoughts on Benjamin’s refusal to grow up are quite clear and he feels surprise that he’d never noticed before …but of course Mato had never been overly close to Benjamin and was much too wrapped up in his own selfish ventures.

“I didn’t tell them you were here. I did not think that was my choice to make but it might do father and Benjamin some good to know that you are with me and safe.” Mato makes the suggestion lightly: absent pressure. He will certainly never force Nova into anything she doesn’t want to do. The starlit king shifts his weight, ears pivoting atop his skull for a second as he studies Nova curious as to her reaction to all he has left her with.
Messages In This Thread
with baited breath - by Nova - August 25, 2017, 11:34 PM
RE: with baited breath - by rip gemini - August 27, 2017, 04:16 AM
RE: with baited breath - by Nova - August 28, 2017, 12:51 AM
RE: with baited breath - by rip gemini - September 03, 2017, 04:03 AM
RE: with baited breath - by Nova - September 07, 2017, 11:51 PM
RE: with baited breath - by rip gemini - September 20, 2017, 03:21 AM